Jump to content

Dear Visitors

If your confirmation email doesn't arrive, give us some time while we manually approve your account. Support ticket is not necessary, we are checking new registrations regularly and approving if registration requirements are met.

Please read Rules & Guidelines before posting around Forums. Information we seek is minimal and in the end saves us a lot of time and we are able to provide solutions faster.

Please consider supporting us via Contributions for all the work we are doing. Contributing even with the smallest amount, will remove ALL AD's and unlock some nice features like being able to be Tipped for providing help, or file etc.


Houdini Tests and Impressions


Igor

Recommended Posts

 

So guys, this is how final version of Mjolnir looks like in procedural ways. Now its time for another mini project. You can download the model in download section of the forums if you are interested. :cowboypistol:

U-Render Quality Assurance Specialist | Core4D Contributions

Link to comment
11 hours ago, bobc4d said:

very well done, love your procedural approach to  it and the Nordic alphabet

You should start sharing your Houdini work too. 🙂

 

I started to exploring KineFX which is new rigging and animation solution. Still work in progress, but for those interested in rigging, you can check this tutorial, great intro to it.

 

KineFX Rigging | Fur Dude | SideFX

U-Render Quality Assurance Specialist | Core4D Contributions

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the real power of Houdini...I was able to generate 50 different pieces of small island in no time. Now, I have only altered few parameters on geometry level, thats why top of the texture always looks the same. There are endless possibilities for procedural generation. I could have generate 1000 of different pieces, which really wild and every single piece could look totally different.
 

I had to do some compositing in DaVinci which in the end altered the render images, so that why render looks not that good. I am still in process of learning how to deal with compositing.

 

 

U-Render Quality Assurance Specialist | Core4D Contributions

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 3:30 AM, Igor said:

I could have generate 1000 of different pieces, which really wild and every single piece could look totally different.

 

  

Not just generate any number of pieces, but the real beauty is in the astonishing level of control it gives you to craft exactly the look you want over those pieces. It allows you to vary any parameter of any incoming geometry that you are looking to copy, and have extremely precise control over those variations. Also, if you need to target any specific piece or group of pieces for extra special attention, you can do that without having to break your chain, keeping everything procedural, always.

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, eikonoklastes said:

  

Not just generate any number of pieces, but the real beauty is in the astonishing level of control it gives you to craft exactly the look you want over those pieces. It allows you to vary any parameter of any incoming geometry that you are looking to copy, and have extremely precise control over those variations. Also, if you need to target any specific piece or group of pieces for extra special attention, you can do that without having to break your chain, keeping everything procedural, always.

Yup, I am aware of that. And the thing is it's not so complicated as one might think. 🙂

U-Render Quality Assurance Specialist | Core4D Contributions

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Igor said:

Yup, I am aware of that. And the thing is it's not so complicated as one might think. 🙂

As next steps, you can use TOPs/PDG to generate a contact sheet of your variations for reviewing:

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdg-for-design-work-pt-1-the-basics/

 

Side note: how the heck to like a post here? I'm, pretty sure I did it before, but I can't find the button any more.

Link to comment
21 hours ago, eikonoklastes said:

As next steps, you can use TOPs/PDG to generate a contact sheet of your variations for reviewing:

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdg-for-design-work-pt-1-the-basics/

 

Side note: how the heck to like a post here? I'm, pretty sure I did it before, but I can't find the button any more.

Igor is a special case, you can't upvote his posts.

For everybody else it should work, Button is at the bottom right of every post 😉

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

Link to comment

Now that I started to feel more and more comfortable with Houdini and its ways of doing things I started to explore some abstract possibilities and features Houdini has to offer. One of those can be seen in the Node Network on the top right side. Houdini's node network can do much more then just contain nodes. As you can see I got this idea of importing an image of a concept art I am working on and visually organize things. I am still exploring the possibilities here, but man, this is really cool. And as you can see from my personal layout, Houdini doesn't have to look scary at all. :cowboypistol:

 

image.png

U-Render Quality Assurance Specialist | Core4D Contributions

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • LATEST ACTIVITIES

    1. 0

      Windows from polygons - example nodes

    2. 462

      Cinema R25 Release

    3. 3

      Angle difference between 2 matrices

    4. 462

      Cinema R25 Release

    5. 462

      Cinema R25 Release

×
×
  • Create New...

Copyright Core 4D © 2021 Powered by Invision Community