Where to look for Professionals

No Name

Were do you guys go to look for Professionals that are c4d/octane?

I had a guy over in the UK that did a lot of work for me but times hit him hard and now I am out the last project i paid for and never got. I am in the USA. some times the projects are big other times they are small. For example I am looking right now if some one can re create a shader ball scene in c4d from the orbx he sent me with a different ball. Just not sure who or were i should go to start building a new relationship with for all future work. 

Edited by Cerbera
Fixed spelling in keywords (see edit history)

Here is as good a place as any. That's what the market / jobs section is for. If you have a smaller job that needs doing, why not list it there, and try some people out ? Nearly all my repeat clients and ongoing working partners, not to mention my students, found me here for example, and I won't be the only one !

And indeed, your current project is the sort of thing I would jump on immediately if I wasn't pre-booked for the next 3 weeks ! 🙂

CBR

• Cerbera changed the title to Where to look for Professionals

Yea plenty of good freelancers on here, infact even though I'm maybe slightly biased;) some of most talented guys around from all areas such as @everfresh@Neil Stubbings @kingcoma @Vozzzfor toon stuff, rigging and animations, @Cerbera and @contrafibbularities for any sort of god tier level modelling requirements @EAlexanderfor some sexy rendering action, @Rectrofor realistic character work, and forum legends such as @Igor @bezo @Hrvojewith so much knowledge it I'll make your brain internally combust and tonnes of other people I'm definitely forgetting as I've been out the game a while now, regardless definitely some very talented people that can cater to anything you need:)

Im not sure how it all played out for you, but in general when I do a job for someone I tend to do the entire thing and deliver, then send an invoice for payment at the very end. Only jobs that last over a month tend to get billed along the way.

13 hours ago, imashination said:

Im not sure how it all played out for you, but in general when I do a job for someone I tend to do the entire thing and deliver, then send an invoice for payment at the very end. Only jobs that last over a month tend to get billed along the way.

I also know it that way. Maybe milestones paying for longer projects but in general a bill is send after delivery.

• 1 month later...

I think the first step is building trust. So a real name and website 🙂 Otherwise you will only be able to work with the people desperate for work.. 

If i trust a client, i usually charge them at the end of a project.

new clients are charged 50% upfront usually. 

some clients are charged 100% up front, but honestly that's reserved for those that can't keep to the scope of the project, and i don't really take their projects anymore. 

But yeah, easiest way is to post on job boards. Art station also has some great artist filtering options which help to find freelancers.

• 1 month later...

I posted a job here on January 9 here for someone skilled in C4D and Octane rendering who could work with me thru end of March (and actually went to end of April (just finished it) and I got exactly zero responses. The jobs forum takes some effort to find so not sure if too few people saw the post or if too few people are in need of work, but in the midsts of a pandemic I did think there would be some interest.

So honestly I still don't know where a good place to find freelancers might be. 

Guest Igor

Like said, I am working on a better solution and I am in a contact with one developer who seems to have a Freelance plugin which could deal with this issue easily. So stay tuned, hopefully we manage to implement it. 🙂

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Like said, I am working on a better solution and I am in a contact with one developer who seems to have a Freelance plugin which could deal with this issue easily. So stay tuned, hopefully we manage to implement it. 🙂

Thanks. I think it would help if this jobs forum would be elevated to the front page and not a footnote in a sub forum. Or maybe a notification option for job postings. 

Guest Igor
Just now, MJV said:

Thanks. I think it would help if this jobs forum would be elevated to the front page and not a footnote in a sub forum. Or maybe a notification option for job postings. 

Thanks for the feedback buddy, Ill see what I can do to make some justice. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community