C++ Plugin Development for Cinema 4D R21, S22, R23 and higher

kbar

I have created beginner tutorial series to teach you how to program in C++ while developing Plugins for Cinema 4D. These tutorials will allow you to create your own C++ Plugins for Cinema 4D R21, S22, R23 and higher. No previous Cinema 4D or C++ knowledge is required to follow this course. You will be shown everything you need to start developing your own plugins. Hope you all find it useful. 

Here is the YouTube playlist with all the videos: Cinema 4D Plugin Development - YouTube

Cheers,

Kent

• Guest featured this topic
12 hours ago, Igor said:

@kbar why not also sharing in our Videos section of the forum? 🙂 

I would have, but I don't see a way to add a group of videos that belong together. It looks like you can only add individual videos that would in no way be connected to each other.

1 hour ago, kbar said:

I could add all 16 of them later tonight and totally fill up your home screen with all of them.

@IgorIf that's what you would like me to do then just let me know.

You can add a playlist instead of all videos if I am not wrong, but let me check tomorrow as I am already in bed and ready to sleep. If you want you can try it yourself, just try to embed playlist link instead of video.

• 1 month later...

Just started watching your videos and I am so thankful that you are doing this, it's been needed for a very long time, because as difficult as it is for many people to integrate Python into their workflow, C++ is a whole different level of pain for the average modeler, artist, animator.

If I may make a recommendation, based on the two episodes I've watched so far (I am midway through Part 4, Dialog groups and buttons, it is to brush up on the C++ concepts you will be using, before making each video. In my opinion, it is perfectly fine to say, "I am not going to explain these concepts here - they are a pre-requisite for watching this series."

But, those times that you do get into the "language details," please make sure that the terms you are using are correct (i.e., the difference between a logical operator and a bitwise one (flags get or'd together with a bitwise or, not a logical or), calling ASCII characters what they are (e.g., two slashes for one-line comments). Those are the two I remember off of the top of my head from videos 1-3. I haven't really been making a mental list of errors or anything while watching. But, I can going forward, if you want to amend the existing videos in some fashion.

As for me, I'll stick to XPresso and Python whenever I can. They are so much easier for 99.99% of the tasks that need to be automated and assuming the functionality is exposed via XPresso and the Python API. As MAXON states, "Python is C4D's second programming/scripting language,", but it really lags behind all of the functionality exposed through the C++ API and the documentation is, at least in my opinion, quite poor. On the other hand, if the barrier to entry for Python/C4D is a brick wall, C++/C4D is more like crossing the Sierra Nevada mountain range using horses and covered wagons. That's why I really do appreciate you making these videos - someone finally had to.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community