Hi, i would like some advice and ideas of whether i am going in the right direction on a little project i have started. I am a flight instructor and wish to fly a model in a box to show some flight exercises.  I will be following my model and displaying graphics during my flights.  My simulator box has a few landmarks and simulates an area of around 5 x 5km in the real world.  

I think i need to make my box(area) with a few models of landmarks.  Be able to control my model as it flies circuits and pop out some graphics as the helicopter flies some simple banks, decelerations, hovering exercises near trees.

Does anyone have experience of building the flight environment for a keen amateur to help understand?  I have 4d cinema, after effects with element3d and some enthusiasm.  

Hoping you can give me some steers on the setup of my play area :)

thanks in advance

Gary

From an effiency standpoint, I'd get the new Microsoft Flight Simulator, record your moves and exercises there and add graphics later in After Effects.

The simulation part is absolutely not trivial, i wouldn't waste time on that 🙂

Edit: Ninja'd by Igor 😄

I can see how that might work for the best. What software would be best to record ms flight sim?  There is an isssue with flying slow in Flt sim as they don’t have any helicopters at the moment but I could add the Apache symbology to external video shots. 

thank you for the ideas 🙂

2 hours ago, redcoatuk said:

I am going to try the Flt sim, it might work. The lack of slow Flt is an issue but I am sure there is a solution by using wind.  I still like the idea of flying behind my Apache model while panning around but I’ll listen to the experts and try video first.

I'm sure you can slow the sim rate down in MSFS 2020 or FSX. You can just do a replay in the sim itself and that should work. I always prefered P3D to MSFS but it is a bit expensive.  FRAPS is a good screen recorder as well. Also the newer Nvidia GPU cards record games.

There was an add-on called flight recorder. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community