X-Particles and Xpresso/PAlignment

Hello,

I have a swarm of animated (wings flapping) flies that are following a spline, with a load of turbulence, and I'd like the flies to keep facing the direction they are travelling, regardless of the turbulence. I've read about the Thinking Particles PAlignment Expresso method, but can't figure out how to get it working.

So far, this is what I've done:

I've got the flies facing the right direction as they follow the spline around, all good. But when I introduce the turbulence they are not facing the direction of travel within the turbulence.

In the xpEmitter I've enabled Generate Thinking Particles, and ticked the Ensure Matching Coordinates.

I have set up the Extended Data / Use Rotation / Tangential / Persistent Orientation.

I've got Expresso opened, and got the PAlignment node.

The problem is, I don't know which part of the xpSystem to drag in to Expresso, and which port to connect to the pAlignment node. It's pure guess work for me at this stage, and none of my guesses are working.

Can somebody please help me with this?

Many thanks,

Many thanks.

J.

• Guest changed the title to X-Particles and Xpresso/PAlignment

Nah These forums are dead man. Head on over to reddit you might find some answers. Cg talk died as well. Hell I even went to the XP forum and that place does not seem active at all either. And if you do post any question it seems the default answer from the rep is always something along the lines of

Please contact Customer Services using the contact form below for information

I don't want to bash anyone just that when ever he/she replys he just says use the contact form. I am a trial user so i don't get support so i can't tell you either way but i guess try sending all your questions to the support team.