Solar system simulation

israeldavid
Go to solution Solved by srek,

• Solution

Please find attached a version that might help you. It is directly based on scene time and one second animation time equals a day. On the Xpresso tags there are scaling options.

I left out axial tilt since that would open up a whole different can of worms.

Due to numerical precision issues i had to use orbital radius values 1/10 smaller than the actual values, km is just to small to measure a solar system 😉

Hope this helps

Solar_System_0001(R14).c4d

On 3/16/2021 at 11:10 AM, srek said:

Please find attached a version that might help you. It is directly based on scene time and one second animation time equals a day. On the Xpresso tags there are scaling options.

I left out axial tilt since that would open up a whole different can of worms.

Due to numerical precision issues i had to use orbital radius values 1/10 smaller than the actual values, km is just to small to measure a solar system 

Hope this helps

Solar_System_0001(R14).c4d 478.42 kB · 3 downloads

Wow that's awesome @srekeverything i was looking for. You saved me, really. i'm thankful for what you've done, it would take a lifetime for me to do this 🤣 what puzzles me now is to figure out how to associate the positions to real data in ephemerides. If you have any tips on this one for me i'd be grateful as well

44 minutes ago, israeldavid said:

Wow that's awesome @srekeverything i was looking for. You saved me, really. i'm thankful for what you've done, it would take a lifetime for me to do this 🤣 what puzzles me now is to figure out how to associate the positions to real data in ephemerides. If you have any tips on this one for me i'd be grateful as well

I checked for those as well, but i only found angles for observation by telescope, not orbit positions. You can easily find live displays for planetary positions, but they did not include the needed data, at least not the ones i found.