Modelling Iron Man Mark 6

• Cerbera changed the title to Modelling Iron Man Mark 6

Why do you keep putting pictures in spoiler tags  ?! This is unnecessary.

Also pictures uploaded are very small, which means it is difficult to see what is going on. please upload the file ! Not in a spoiler tag !

However, from what I can see now you seem to be allowing triangles in an SDS mesh, which is a definitely wrong move on a curved surface like this. Your mesh should be 100% quads. We can also see some SDS deformation and lumps in render caused by inferior / incorrect poly flow.

CBR

many thanks for your feedback. by sds you mean subdivision surface ? 

how to switch from triangles to quads mesh when modelling ?  

i am used to bridge from points to points.

p.s : is there another way to post screenshots ? 

am I forced to share the file ?

Yes SDS is a Subdivision Surface Object. You are not forced to share the file, but I can't give you the help you are asking for without it, so.... up to you - do you want the help or not !? 🙂

There is no single button that converts triangles to quads in a way that will help here. The mesh has simply been built incorrectly, and with not enough attention to quality topology, so to fix that you need to pretty much start again any area that contains a triangle unless you have sufficient modelling skill to be able to solve that to quads in-place within the existing mesh, which seems unlikely given that you are needing to ask about this...

Lastly, the way to post screenshots that show us wires is to disable the SDS cage in filter menu, so we only see 1 set of lines, change display mode to isoparms or wireframe, disable any SDS so we can see the underlying base topology clearly, get a single view full screen and then print-screen it, after which you can just Ctrl+V (paste) it into a post.

CBR

Better, but still not winning the triangles game. There need to be zero of those, not the 30 or so we have now...

image.thumb.png.70caf8356e02d747f24528b52003bf09.png

Red Xs are triangles that need to be solved, and the darker red ones show areas where you are likely to get SDS surface deformation because of insufficient poly density.

CBR

I must say your help is much appreciated, I really thank you for the time you took on your feedback !

Will work on those red crosses 🙂

Learned a lot about tris quads and ngons actually _ to make it short : tris and ngons are not suitable when it comes to deform the geometry, especially through deformers and SDS. 

Capture d’écran 2021-03-26 115447.jpg

Capture d’écran 2021-03-26 115832.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community