LOST: Main Title (fan made)

massiah

Not really a WIP. However I wanted to share a self-initiated project that I recently completed.

In 2006, I came across a show which changed my life. At the time, it spoke to me on so many levels. So much so, I was incredibly inspired to take on the task of creating the main title sequence paying homage to the tv series LOST. I spent working it on / off, for the last several years. And really brought it to fruition, working on it every day during the quarantine of 2020. C4D, Redshift, Substance Painter, Adobe Creative Suite were used extensively in this project.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:01 AM, Igor said:

Really well done man, fantastic job, very inspiring. :respect:

One thing I would suggest is to put it inside videos section, under showreels. ☺️

Thank you so much IGOR! Glad that you liked it. :)

Definitely will post in the showreels section then.

Wow.  Really amazing work and it captures so many aspects of the show that I have forgotten over the years (or put out of my mind given that the potential for something mind-blowing in the final season ended as mere dream).  

The only thing more outstanding than the modeling, effects, composition, texturing, camera work, pacing, editing...etc..etc...was the lighting.  Just gorgeous.  Was everything 3D?  Was the horse 3D?  Did you sneak in any live action and/or photo clip art as a multiplane effect anywhere?   Sorry...I have to ask because scenes towards the end really do read as real to me.  Even if it was clip art, it was very well implemented.

My only disappointment is that you did not (or could not due to copywrite issues) use music by Michael Giacchino (Lost's original composer).    Using the last 90 seconds of music from "Parting Words" would have just risen the piece to a different emotional level (IMHO).  I actually keyed your video to that final segment of the music (fade in the music starting at 3:48 based on a 5:20 long cut of Parting Words).  What makes it cool is that the classic weird musical flourish of strangeness that is typical of all Lost music which appears at the end of "Parting Words" coincides with the final scene of the island and title card.  As the music builds to that point throughout the video, you should try it as it will give you chills.

But still...amazing.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community