METAL MATERIAL DOESN'T SHOW LIGHT REFLECTIONS ON RENDER

Hello!
I'm having some troble with a metal material.
In the scene there's a text with a metal material with reflectance type GGX and a sky object with an holographic texture so the letters look with gradient colors. I wanted to add some lights to add details to the letters but no matter how bright it is in the viewport when I use the standard render of C4D it seems there is no light affecting the letters  but if there is a plane o cube with some difusse material the light is visible on them.

Does anyone knows how I can make the light shows in the metal material?

Mat.JPG

render.JPG

viewport.JPG

Edited by Cerbera
Moved to correct section / fixed typos in keywords (see edit history)

You shouldn't be using standard materials if you are rendering with Octane like your profile says. You need to use Octane materials, lights and cameras. (See Octane manual). But if you are using standard, then it still won't work because if you use a reflectance workflow, then normal lights don't affect it - they work with the color channel, so if your refs override that with chrome, then regular lighting will have zero effect.. You need area lights with show in reflection ticked in their options, OR to use GI and luminant objects as lights instead.

Of course if a material is 100% reflective like chrome is, then what happens in those reflections is far more important than how it is lit...

CBR

• Cerbera changed the title to METAL MATERIAL DOESN'T SHOW LIGHT REFLECTIONS ON RENDER