bevel and remove N-gons ,the edge is purplish

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

• Solution

For some reason your remove ngons commands didn't work. The ngons are the purple lines (I presume you changed their colour at some point), and they are still in your scene.

However in R23 I am unable to replicate - if I run remove ngons they become proper edges instead like they should.

On a related note, it is usually a mistake to cap a hole with topology at 45 degrees to the rest of the edge flow unless you have a very specific reason for doing so, such as to change the edge flow through that section to better suit detail you know you need to add later... otherwise you'll get a nicer, less lumpy result if you fix that so it flows like this...

image.thumb.png.28121e4c9a23c4c46e0abdf517791159.png

CBR

hi cerbera ! thank you for replying , did you choose 4 polygons and use inner extrude to make this ? ↓  

image.png.c6d533348d40c3955336486c403d4ebc.png

and sorry about my english , I am still learning ,  😅 I don't much understand ' it is usually a mistake to cap a hole with topology at 45 degrees to the rest of the edge flow ' , I tried to figure it out ,but still failed ,  thank you so much for your time ,  really appreciate !  

No, I repaired what you had, as follows...

1. Add these 4 edges using line cut.

image.thumb.png.6e3247b6bc2a47200817eb4aaffc2dfb.png

2. Then select these edges, and Dissolve them.

image.thumb.png.d9e3d092d629df298ae076ca8c7cd555.png

That should leave this result. Note I have also used slide to move the adjacent points out a little to minimise SDS pinching at the sides where the polys were a little close.

image.thumb.png.25fe5257dc9d5f9ba0b9637ab11ef973.png

Now we only have 4 counter-flow edges, less disruption to edge flow generally and rather more even poly distribution.

CBR

Remove n-gons not work for you because you have selected  few side polygons on model. But you call command in point mode, so you could not see if you have selected something, all or nothing...

Go to polygon mode, select n-gons (or all or none polygons) and apply command...

10 hours ago, bezo said:

Remove n-gons not work for you because you have selected  few side polygons on model. But you call command in point mode, so you could not see if you have selected something, all or nothing...

Go to polygon mode, select n-gons (or all or none polygons) and apply command...

oh yes , when I switch to polygon mode , I found there are many other polygons been selected , and remove n-gons works well after unselected polygons , this basic skill helps a lot , thank you  bezo !! have a good day !

14 hours ago, Cerbera said:

No, I repaired what you had, as follows...

1. Add these 4 edges using line cut.

image.thumb.png.6e3247b6bc2a47200817eb4aaffc2dfb.png

2. Then select these edges, and Dissolve them.

image.thumb.png.d9e3d092d629df298ae076ca8c7cd555.png

That should leave this result. Note I have also used slide to move the adjacent points out a little to minimise SDS pinching at the sides where the polys were a little close.

image.thumb.png.25fe5257dc9d5f9ba0b9637ab11ef973.png

Now we only have 4 counter-flow edges, less disruption to edge flow generally and rather more even poly distribution.

CBR

thank you so much for your time and screenshots  , gentleman 👍 ,I understand it now , and also realised sometimes I need do it manually haha , be flexible !  thank you again , have a good day !

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community