A break from 3D to try 2D

CApruzzese

I am working that out! I think I will do another short animation with this character. I might try it in Adobe Animate or continue in Open Toons... I cannot seem to decide. I did a little storyboard this week. It's been hard to get anything done lately. It's been one of those times when if I accomplish one thing, 6 more things need to be done afterwards and I am waiting for a surgery which sort of kills my concentration, to be honest. Once the second 2D animation is done I hope I know enough to go into my next 3D project which will have 2D elements in it. 

Well man take it easy, if you have problem with concentration due to obvious reasons, just take break and try to do something else. Good luck with the surgery, take care.

13 hours ago, Igor said:

Well man take it easy, if you have problem with concentration due to obvious reasons, just take break and try to do something else. Good luck with the surgery, take care.

Thanks Igor, I would like nothing better than to just focus on my projects without interruptions and distractions for once!

• 3 weeks later...

I have done that and it involves very different skills. I think I learned and realized some things about movement and preparing to animate I sort of skip over when work exclusively in 3D. I am a big promoter of improving drawing skills as I think it helps in so many areas. 2D animation had a feel to it I thought it was important to be more familiar with. You realize very quickly how hard it is to make movement when in 3D it's pretty easy! I am sort of fascinated with merging the two these days. 

True. I am a terrible cartoonist but I like the dog character in these and I think it chipped away at that wall so I can see me getting better at it. I can’t help but think that my 3d stuff will get better too as it challenges me in so many different ways. The -recess is so different with frame by frame drawings, I have not gone into vector animation yet which allows for some tweening, maybe making it closer to 3d? I guess I will find out! My next project will be in c4d... I just have to start writing the script...