Ads on core4d

Adrien

I am guessing Igor is pointing out that for similar content, including educational material and answers to posts, scene files etc. one has to pay membership on gsg which is significantly more expensive than seeing few ads here and there, or possibly contributing by small amount. Now when I am not the owner of site I can freely tell you it is quite expensive to run and only thing that is holding it in existence is enthusiasm of owner and few members who are contributors. Advertisements and banners barely cover for price of dedicated server and security services. Hosting, backend administration, forum software itself, addons, domain....there is a lot more to cover :)

11 minutes ago, Adrien said:

Fair enough I was expecting your reaction. I don’t mind ads as long as they do not hamper the user experience. And no, I’m not paying 2€ to read a forum. 

Well that tells more about you than you think. And also you are not paying for reading a forum, you can already read, download, promote yourself for free and get help from others. Contributions are ment for those who like to support what we do here and to keep community running because servers and service we use arent free. 

You can find GSG just by Googling it, you dont need a link. 😉

6 hours ago, Adrien said:

Hi all, I’m getting lots of annoying ad pop ups that hamper the legibility of the forum.  The ads are really ruining the user experience...

I'm sorry what? What "Pop Ups"?

There are no popups. There are a couple of banners at the top, left and right. The banner at the top is debatable but the others do not hamper the readability in any way.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

24 minutes ago, hikarubr said:

They do hamper the readability when you are not logged. Both the right and left one, at least in my case, are hovering on top of the forum, blocking it. Very annoying. 

This could scary new users. 

When we are logged everything is fine. I actually like the top banner, it's always relevant ads (e.g. Render farms, plugins, etc...), very informative. 

I am 100% certain this should NOT be the case and is a bug. Thanks for letting us know.

I don't know what resolution or zoom you are on, but on my 1440p screen there is a lot of empty space between the forum content and the banners on the right and left, not blocking anything.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

A lot depends on how wide your browser is set up so I would imagine it looks different on tablet / phone etc. I have a big screen so can make it wide enough that ads appear on sides, they also dissappear when thin enough so I guess we all have a slightly different experience. I haven't got a problem with any ads, only takes a second to click them off if they are in the way, and like hikarbur said some of em are quite useful. Ive seen stuff that I never would have discovered otherwise and checked out a render farm for first time and got free processing etc.

MHO

Deck