Ads on core4d

Adrien

1 hour ago, hikarubr said:

They do hamper the readability when you are not logged. Both the right and left one, at least in my case, are hovering on top of the forum, blocking it. Very annoying. 

This could scary new users. 

When we are logged everything is fine. I actually like the top banner, it's always relevant ads (e.g. Render farms, plugins, etc...), very informative. 

I’ll check this when I get home. Thanks for letting us know. :cowboypistol:

The only footprint I make on the web is here at the Cafe (I avoid all social media platforms).  Shamefully, for quite some time I only supported them by buying their products (mostly tutorials) and it wasn't until recent events that I became a monthly contributor.  Over time, I hope people realize what a gem this place is and open up their hearts and their wallets to keep it going.  We have some top notch people running it -- top notch in their C4D knowledge as well as their character.  

My fear is that the Cafe is a place that people largely take for granted like I did for all these years.  Only until it is gone will you realize what you have lost.  

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

2 hours ago, hikarubr said:

They do hamper the readability when you are not logged. Both the right and left one, at least in my case, are hovering on top of the forum, blocking it. Very annoying. 

This could scary new users. 

When we are logged everything is fine. I actually like the top banner, it's always relevant ads (e.g. Render farms, plugins, etc...), very informative. 

Same here, I’m experiencing the exact same problem. Really annoying as I do not always log in. Again, I’m fine with ads, but when they start hovering over the content, it’s crossing the line. 

Like 3D-Pangel this is the only place on the web where I leave a mark apart from linked in, and Ive learnt so much here over many years as well as being directed to other learning from here. As well as the administrators doing a great job there are people here that will take time out to really help you with any issues you might have, more often than not going above and beyond what would be considered a normal helping hand. There are people here that actually work for MAXON answering your questions as well as people that are just totally at the top of their game, very often taking time out from what must be well paid work.

Im also guilty of taking things for granted and should be a contributor even if for only 2 euros a month, I dont really make any money from cinema anymore but I pay plenty of things that are many pounds a month on subscription, adobe, dropbox, lottery, phone  etc etc, I cant even buy a cup of coffee for 2 euros so after reading this thread Im subscribing from today, more than worth it for all those hair pulling times when you know the cafe / core will sort you out.

if you cant afford the two euros It only takes one click to log in, is that too much to ask for access to experts that may just save your ass one day when yer desperate.

Ya cant please all the people all of the time !

Deck

Heres a grab below which I guess is what people are talking about, they seem to disappear when the page becomes less than 770 pixels wide, and dont become clear of the main area until about 1700px wide, but as mentioned many times it all disappears when logged in.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 15.44.35.png

1 hour ago, deck said:

Like 3D-Pangel this is the only place on the web where I leave a mark apart from linked in, and Ive learnt so much here over many years as well as being directed to other learning from here. As well as the administrators doing a great job there are people here that will take time out to really help you with any issues you might have, more often than not going above and beyond what would be considered a normal helping hand. There are people here that actually work for MAXON answering your questions as well as people that are just totally at the top of their game, very often taking time out from what must be well paid work.

Im also guilty of taking things for granted and should be a contributor even if for only 2 euros a month, I dont really make any money from cinema anymore but I pay plenty of things that are many pounds a month on subscription, adobe, dropbox, lottery, phone  etc etc, I cant even buy a cup of coffee for 2 euros so after reading this thread Im subscribing from today, more than worth it for all those hair pulling times when you know the cafe / core will sort you out.

if you cant afford the two euros It only takes one click to log in, is that too much to ask for access to experts that may just save your ass one day when yer desperate.

Ya cant please all the people all of the time !

Deck

Heres a grab below which I guess is what people are talking about, they seem to disappear when the page becomes less than 770 pixels wide, and dont become clear of the main area until about 1700px wide, but as mentioned many times it all disappears when logged in.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 15.44.35.png

Not sure leaving nasty ads hovering over the text is the best way to recruit new members. Think twice. 

I dont know that the owners are actively recruiting new members, I dont imagine thats a problem with 47000 at the moment. More join every week so I dont think they are scared away by a few ads that have drifted out of position, if that is the case then its their loss as far as Im concerned.

D

18 minutes ago, Adrien said:

Not sure leaving nasty ads hovering over the text is the best way to recruit new members. Think twice. 

Again, this is not intentional. This is all done on a voluntary basis so there will be ^%@!ups at some point.

I don't think it's too much to ask just not to be a dick about it.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

1 minute ago, deck said:

I dont know that the owners are actively recruiting new members, I dont imagine thats a problem with 47000 at the moment. More join every week so I dont think they are scared away by a few ads that have drifted out of position, if that is the case then its their loss as far as Im concerned.

D

Probably because most of them just run AD Blockers. 😉 I myself are not the big fan of ADs, but it keeps forums running and it helps. We still unfortunately have very very low number of Contributors. But hopefully that changes in the future as I have big plans for the community, but lets see, baby steps. 🙂 

2 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Again, this is not intentional. This is all done on a voluntary basis so there will be ^%@!ups at some point.

I don't think it's too much to ask just not to be a dick about it.

Hey I never said it’s intentional. I just flagged the problem in hope that someone could fix this. I also highlighted that it could be detrimental to new visitors. I honestly feel offended when I read comments like yours telling me to shut my mouth and log in or to go to GSG (no idea why by the way, I dont think GSG fulfills the same goal at all). 
Enough said, I think the problem has now been acknowledged. So many posts for that...

17 hours ago, Adrien said:

Hey I never said it’s intentional. I just flagged the problem in hope that someone could fix this. I also highlighted that it could be detrimental to new visitors. I honestly feel offended when I read comments like yours telling me to shut my mouth and log in or to go to GSG (no idea why by the way, I dont think GSG fulfills the same goal at all). 
Enough said, I think the problem has now been acknowledged. So many posts for that...

All,

We should be thankful that Adrien pointed out the issue.  Regardless of your position or circumstances regarding financial support, his points are valid in that having ads get in the way of the Cafe experience is NOT good for the Cafe in any way.   Let's not misinterpret bringing up a valid complaint against site performance with a negative opinion on how the Cafe funds its activities.

Thankfully, our valiant owner is on the case and working to a solution.

BTW:  Regardless of the new name, this place will ALWAYS be "The Cafe" in my mind.  Regardless of whether or not the site embraces other software programs (which would be great), it will always be "The C4D Cafe" to me.  In fact, I feel compelled to shout that out that fact right now: 

Core4D really is THE CINEMA 4D CAFE

There, that should annoy a few people....and they know who they are.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community