Need help with a remote set up

Hi, I am new to 3D development and will be purchasing a new computer set up soon, but for the short term I would like to make the most of what i have got — At home I work on an old 2018 macbook pro with a Radeon Pro 560X graphics card and at my office I have a decent PC core 17 with NVIDA cpu. 

Is there a way that I can utilise my office PC power remotely but still work on my macbook from at home? 

I have a license for Cinema 4D and Arnold for both computers, and although my laptop does not have the right specs I am wondering if i can use it to connect with the PC remotely to benefit from redshift3d and octane rendering.

All advice on if this is possible and how to get the best out of my setup welcome! Thanks in advance

I don't use Redshift or Octane on my Mac, but I do have a strong dual-CPU PC at the office that I will use for heavy rendering of my Corona scenes. In my situation, I use Splashtop to connect to my Mac at the office. From there, I have access to the Windows machines via Team Render.  You can use your Mac to control your remote Windows machine (https://www.splashtop.com/downloads#rs)  I also utilize Dropbox. I have it synced at work, so i can create a project locally (making sure all the textures are on Dropbox too), after it syncs with the office computer, you can open it via Splashtop, make sure the textures are linked. Then render away. The ONLY issue I've had with Splashtop is sometimes dragging objects can go nuts, so you have to be careful or do all of that locally first.

You can also do the entire job remotely, but the dragging thing can be an issue sometimes.  I had used TeamViewer before, but it has a lot of issues and is very expensive compared to Splashtop. Hope this helps.

That sounds like a good workaround for my current set up, thanks. I had considered doing it all remotely via team viewer, but your method of only initialising the render remotely and using dropbox to share files makes a lot of sense.  On the other hand, if my graphic card in my home macbook does not support the render manager (e.g. redshift) but my render work-station at the office does, am I correct in thinking the only way to utilise redshift3d will be to do the entire job remotely via splashtop or teamvewer? 

I just realized you're using Arnold render engine. Here I am explaining to you how GPU engines work. Arnold is a CPU engine like Corona. They are working on adding GPU support though. This simplifies your situation. The good thing with a CPU engine is it is compatible with more computers than a GPU engine. You should have no problem setting up your scenes on your laptop. You just may have to dumb down the test renders to keep things moving.

Curious, what type of 3D production will you be doing? This answer can sometimes determine what you setup should be.