So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

2 hours ago, srek said:

I don't know, i am neither an Adobe nor a SideFX employee or intensive user of either application. We did not remove this for fun, but to prevent data loss and other problems for users.

Not saying you guys don't have your reasons, I was just curios about the technicality behind this.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

On 4/16/2021 at 12:42 AM, Richy said:

Blender free just out of the box, but to get Blender usable you will spend few hundreds on addons. And addon creators  want more to sell they'r product, than make Blender better, so there is no unified ecosystem.  Addons like separate apps in Blender.

About addons, Xparticles seals the deal for me. There is nothing comparable in Blender.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:03 AM, anuser said:

If you have 5 Max open for different thing, if one max crashes, That's just one of five.

Or, as other mentioned, if I have a long single threaded task. I can jet it run background and do other job.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:54 AM, anuser said:

You can open as many as Maya or Max. That's far better than you can have only one C4D. Is it 1998?

Don't be ridiculous.  The memory foot print of Max ( and to a lesser extent Maya ) is huge.   And the way that the Ram and VRam is accessed means it's super inefficient.  A single App is way more productive.  

So I am pretty sure you cannot copy and paste between instances of Max at all.   You have to save a what you want and merge it in. 

Maya you can copy and paste between instances.  But there is a clipboard size limit and it crashes more often than it works on larger scenes. 

I've copied 10gb scenes with C4D with no issues at all. 

"If Max Crashes" - I like your optimism.   

I get that YOU may have a use case for long single threaded tasks.... but that say more about the prehistoric nature of Max's core  ( coming from someone that used to love it ) 

Not to hijack this conversation,  but... 

The new User Mode feature is soooo great. This feature really changed my workflow. When working with a lot of animated assets you can really define what you want to animate.

380071062_Screenshot2021-04-30123558.thumb.png.9455b42c90fc04be07cc4fc3de2bc67c.png

Sorry for the useless post, I'm a very enthusiastic about this. I will let myself out. 😁

• Customer
31 minutes ago, Willem Zwaan said:

Not to hijack this conversation,  but... 

The new User Mode feature is soooo great. This feature really changed my workflow. When working with a lot of animated assets you can really define what you want to animate.

380071062_Screenshot2021-04-30123558.thumb.png.9455b42c90fc04be07cc4fc3de2bc67c.png

Sorry for the useless post, I'm a very enthusiastic about this. I will let myself out. 😁

I could really do with that feature in R23 right about now! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 2:10 AM, prowl said:

Don't be ridiculous.  The memory foot print of Max ( and to a lesser extent Maya ) is huge.   And the way that the Ram and VRam is accessed means it's super inefficient.  A single App is way more productive.  

So I am pretty sure you cannot copy and paste between instances of Max at all.   You have to save a what you want and merge it in. 

Maya you can copy and paste between instances.  But there is a clipboard size limit and it crashes more often than it works on larger scenes. 

I've copied 10gb scenes with C4D with no issues at all. 

"If Max Crashes" - I like your optimism.   

I get that YOU may have a use case for long single threaded tasks.... but that say more about the prehistoric nature of Max's core  ( coming from someone that used to love it ) 

Guess what? Max comsumes much less memory for data in general. I have no problem of having 5 Max open at the same time.

Yes, Max doesn't support copy/paste between instance. But, there are tons of script that does. NO issue there.

You can't sugar coat what C4D can't do.

You saying C4D is fully threaded? Haha.

I won't take part in this pissing contest and I'm wondering, why it's taking place here.

Anyway, I'm wondering even more, if you may want to explain "fully threaded"? Serious question.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community