So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

• Customer

It'd be nice to see how much development has progressed on the new core and scene nodes. With R23 more character focused I wonder what area gets the love for next release. 

Multithread or GPU enhanced viewport able to handle trillions of polygons maybe? I'd say it will get to that at some stage in the future given the glimpse of scene nodes we got. 

its going to be a subscription release. therefor I am not to exited. even besides that in the moment I really feel my excitement towards c4d has cooled down (unfortunately).

The integration of redshift is a must in my opinion (all the other packages have a GPU renderer), but I am not to shure if they will really do that. Maybe they will use it to increase the price.

I think they might get rid of some legacy stuff.

In the last releases we saw that quite some of the new features where free available (Open Image Denoise) or aquired (UV unwarping). I could imagine, that we see more like this.

they really seem to be into the new core we just can hope, that they improve fast. 

I'm still on Perpetual so the S24 is of little current interest to me. I'll think about it when R25 is out, including all that stuff.

Also, I can't think of any stuff that I need immediately and that I am waiting for with bated breath. 's good, 's all good... 💤

Now that i'm spending much more time rigging and animating there are two things that i would love to see some upgrades: 

A nice animation layer system that can work without the obvious limitations of adding or removing objects from hierarchy (motion tag has a serious problem when we need to add things to our rigs and destroy our animations). 

The other is an overhaul of xpresso, in order to make this system faster. Multithreaded would be nice :). 

And if it is not asking too much, some changes in the priority system. Those things sometimes are a drag.

and now that MAXON invested money in a sculpt app, what about some sculpting tools updates ? that would be sweet as well.

as for the renderer i dont mind having redshift as optional instead of integrated. I think its better to let users decide if they want it or choose another one. (unlike autodesk that make pay for arnold even if you dont use it in your pipeline). but they should reduce the price of packages in order to make users feel tempted to try it.

cheers

We need some bug fixes.. and major improvements. 
The timeline copy/paste keyframe animation is a priority to be fixed in my opinion.
Also, a GPU and improved toon shader. The Sketch and Toon module is very limited at the moment, and CPU dependent.
Would love if it allowed us to use it just like the cell shader (letting me decide the overall gradients) and be of course, GPU based.

I would also love to see improvements on the NLA and core rigging improvements, 
I dont want anymore premade character setup (toon, etc)  I would love the core rigging to be improved. 
Specially the auto-weighting. Working on low-poly objects, the auto-weighting is a nightmare...

Some very nice changes happened from R20 to R21, like allowing us to delete a polygon from a already skinned object, without losing the whole weight paint,
Would be cool to see some of new improvements on that level again..

I would like to have the basic stuff adressed, like the annoying windows bug that sometimes the HUD elements don't react to clicking any more and you have to go to the 4 window view and back to perspective view to reset it and make it work again.

after almost 20 years of using C4D I really don't know if I want to invest the time in learning the new scene nodes in C4D or change directly to blender. at work i still  have to use physical renderer an this feels so terribly outdated. but I don't think anyone at MAXON is working on updating it. we will see. 

38 minutes ago, hikarubr said:

Oh, but I'm pretty sure they will have another update that no one asked (like Takes, Sculpting, Reflectance Channel, etc...), nothing that we asked and will keep saying that they are still working on the core.

I mean yeah, I don't use Reflectance or Sculpting, but Takes were a gamechanger and made many, many things sooo much easier.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

If MAXON purchased Insydium, then I would feel good about paying the annual $1000 for a perpetual upgrade as you would gain both Cycles GPU and a kick- particle, fluid dynamics, n-systems physics engine.  

But honestly, I feel that MAXON has more to gain by that acquisition than does Insydium -- so it probably will not happen.  X-Particles is about 50% of the reason why I have not bolted to Blender.  The Insydium team has just done a tremendous job with their pace of development, training, and being very fair with their upgrade pricing.  

Doesn't Insydium also push out a new release around this time of year as well?   Their releases have yet to let me down --- always very exciting.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

we can wait for sclupt. because they buy this. also they buy uv tools. and we get it. im just seeing that: MAXON do not developing anyting excepting motion graph things. they think, world is 3d and 3d is motion graphic.  there is no game industry no architecture or other industries. 

MAXON have body paint. but in today, a company like allegoritmic takes whole game industrys  instead of MAXON. i remember beowulf movie ads and breakdowns. it was first serious full cgi film and paint works was done in bodypaint. MAXON can be king not only in motion graphics, also in texturing-painting too. but they refused-lost this chance. now there are substance for game texturing and mari for films...also 3dcoat or quixel. bodypaint? no one cares.... also you cant find some normal tutors for it.

so i think MAXON is interesting only with motion graphhics. maya and blender does moves to this area and i think MAXON have fear. scene nodes are just blocking blender and last character improvoments says to autodesk/maya, "if you come to my area, i will come to your.."  and there is forger app for same logic about blender. we will see it in c4d as a upgrade for sclupt, but its just  for blocking customers to moving blender. i think if blender goes just little bit non destructive like c4d, MAXON can lost  lot of customers to blender.

so i think we can see some good motiong raphics tools or finalised scene nodes.  also there will be little update for particles because of scene nodes. will be some sclupt improvoments.  if MAXON buy or lisenced a another tool also we can see it as "news" or update.  also epic game granted MAXON some money in previous year. so we can see epic skeleton in c4d or or some another pipeline  for unreal.  and last one, we can see realtime render. because of fear of eevee.

at least i think if we look at blender, we can see what comes in next releases of big 3d softwares. because of they have fear. because of they have industry and dont worried about loosing customers. because they are kings in own lawns. like c4d in motion graphics. but blender comes.it rises and its now a danger for kings of 3d industries. so in every area blender does move, others does moves too in that areas... its what we can see in next releases. a blenderized c4d.

• Guest featured this topic
  • Guest unfeatured this topic