So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

April 13th

3D & Motion Design Show

"...Some exciting news and announcements from MAXON"

Looks like you guys won't have long to wait. As a perpetual customer I'm happy to have saved last year's typical upgrade cost.

It'll be interesting to see if the pace of development has increased under DMcG. I imagine it has, but whether they make progress fast enough remains to be seen. In 2021 there are lots of alternatives.

I know, it's a fundamental thing, but:

Whenever you start something new (dynamics, cloth, materials, voronoi fracture...), you should be able to start from presets that mimic real-world behaviour.

It's sooo tiring to fiddle a way from a basic setup to something convincing. 

Of course, there must be be freedom to explore every setup imaginable -- but I think, it's much easier from a user's perspective to start from "real world" and work to something abstract than the other way around...

I think if viewport perfomance becomes like houdini, it will be a blast, i dont need other features personally. I struggle with heavy scenes thats my main thing.

And i hope for multithreaded dynamics 🙂

I don't understand where MAXON is going. A lot of very basic things are not working, but instead of fixing it MAXON is presenting more advanced systems like nodes. And they don't work either. I doubt that Scene Nodes will change anything. What else to expect? Complete overhaul of rigging? Nah it won't happen.  Integrated post-production with RedGiant plugins? Nope. Redshift integration? LoL. Painting, PBR, Sculpting? Nope, no and no again. 

"We are working on Core" so don't forget to buy another 1k license. 

On 4/7/2021 at 4:26 PM, Mike A said:

April 13th

3D & Motion Design Show

Looks like you guys won't have long to wait. As a perpetual customer I'm happy to have saved last year's typical upgrade cost.

It'll be interesting to see if the pace of development has increased under DMcG. I imagine it has, but whether they make progress fast enough remains to be seen. In 2021 there are lots of alternatives.

I bet they just purchased yet another company and this has nothing to do with C4D 🙂 .

Wow, people are really pessimistic here. As a person who uses C4D a lot for character animation, I must say that I was really amazed by the improvements of R23, I had no hope whatsoever that any improvement would come to that in the software, but it actually happened. I feel that the combined features of S22 and R23 felt generally much more worthy as an update than say R21. So I am currently very excited to see what's coming next. 

Personally I would agree that a real animation layer system without any motion tags would be absolutely great to have, with procedural animation layers like noise etc, so that is number one on my wishlist. Number two would be a search function in the material manager

53 minutes ago, HippoDasTamus said:

Wow, people are really pessimistic here.

I ll be very honest only reason i upgraded from R20 to R23 is cause I have files from other people while freelancing. As a studio, we were not intending to.

R21/s22 and R23 have next to 0 new features. Unless c4d turned into blender... and suddenly "bevels" is considered a new feature, or "unwrap" and "mixamo rigs".Also the idea of "looks" in the viewport, is... I will mention here the silent abandonment of ProRender. Clearly there isnt a solid plan last few years.
Feels like c4d is not addressing to professionals anymore but tries to reach a much broader audience (business wise makes total sense). Same time, the price tag is definitely for people that earn and not for hobbyists or people that are just starting out. Therefore I expect MUCH MORE than a bevel improvement, sorry MAXON.

Concluding, I dont understand the S22, R23 indexing in versions, while it should be R22. We are not going faster by adding numbers. It felt like a marketing trick.
Same with scene nodes: since they are far from ready and they gonna change and they gonna be back end as well, keep em hidden and announce em due time. It reminds me of Octane where it comes with bells and whistles and years later the features are not even there. 

As c4d turned my cg carrier around in an extreme good way, I must admit now that it has brought me into a halt. Unfortunately, I am not that technical to jump into houdini, and same time c4d limits its own capabilities in the last 2 versions. IMO, c4d is not a modelling software, nor a char animation one. Its main thing is mograph and why people choose it over other ones. And its main competitor is houdini and not maya or max.

I am not the person that speaks in public about software issues or requests, i just take things as they are and try to do my best with what I have. And I am extremely grateful for my switch from max to c4d 3-4 years ago. But, truth be told, I am pessimistic as well about the future of c4d 🙂

Cheers!

On 4/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, Mike A said:

April 13th

3D & Motion Design Show

Beeple uses his $69 Million dollar windfall from selling his crypto-art and purchases MAXON.     As the new owner, he launches a new license program that if you create one piece of art every  day between each release, then the cost of the next release is free.  There is much rejoicing in the C4D community.

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community