So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

1 hour ago, kmls said:

anyone uses nodes interface with redshift?  it still not supports c4d shaders for redshift. i am still using xpresso interface for redshift mats. still all tutorials i see all shows/uses xpresso interface...  3 releases before MAXON buy redshift. and still not integrated fully...

also on the features page, lot of videos from r14 for showing features like sclupt.....its weird only for me???? you release s24's and features page contains a old videos about features. videos from r14..... yeah very innovative way to tell customers: " hey look at that. still same since r14 its like lada niva: goes ages but never changes..."

I do. I have never needed any C4D shaders so it doesn't bother me at all.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

3 minutes ago, Igor said:

Its better to just switch than complain all the time and feel disappointed.

I think the over simplification on this case is what gets me. This feels like you are talking to an mistakenly entitled fanboy of a popular rpg game of sorts.

We are paying for this software, I am 40 years old and my life's work when it comes to 3D has a .c4d extension attached to it.
If you managed to simply switch softwares and are having a good time right now, well, good for you.
I feel like I earned my right to be upset when I feel not enough is being done by the software I depend on to work. And I feel that everyone is entitled to complain for something they pay a lot, and are feeling that their requests are falling into deaf ears. 
So please, dont over simplify this as a matter of "if you are unhappy, shut up and get out"
I've invested on this! My time, my life, my money, all the necessary plugins to make the software work in a professional manner.

And to answer Cerbera's position 
So whilst yes, I understand the frustration that people feel about lack of big new exciting things in every version, I find my happiness with the program relies on that sort of thing less and less all the time it remains a supremely comfortable and familiar place to work.

I am not a kid that needs a "shiny exciting new feature" every update or release,

What I want is quite the opposite, I want the core elements on the software to improve!
Things that are there to begin with, but doesnt work efficiently right now.
I want dynamics to have a new and effective engine.
I want an actual useful Interactive render region, that is actually.. real time, and not this slow and clumky mess we currently have. 
Something that people working with NPR workflow can benefit directly. 
We need symmetry!
What about Bodypaint? a forgotten part of the software!

Remember the change on UV unwrap? That is the kind of change that we need. 
Not.. freaking.. horizon grid disappearing or the hability to use chromatic aberration inside the viewport.. 

Just now, FLima said:

But I guess we cant be critical about things here, we are only allowed to say nice things about C4D? 
"Oh wait, are you frustrated with the software you have paid so much for? How dare you!"

No, not at all. You can be critical all you want here. What matters is the tone. And unfortunately discussions like these often devolve into circlejerking how sh** C4D is, how lazy MAXON Devs are, how much better Blender is, blah.

Yes, Blender has a faster pace of development. Yes, Blender is free. And it's still not used widely in production for some reason. I personally don't know why but there has to be SOME reason people still use Maya, 3DS Max, C4D, etc.

What people often tend to forget is how amazingly stable and easy to use C4D is. Making tools that are easy to use like this is extremely difficult. I think that is something that people often forget. Sure they could probably implement some kind of fluid simulation in a couple of months but actually making that easy to use is a WHOLE different story. I dare everybody to take a look at Houdini or Blender how complex it is to make and control good fluid simulations in those, especially if it has to be production quality.

C4D might be lagging behind when it comes to features but every other software lags miles behind C4D when it comes to usability and stability.

@FLima Please don't take anything I say as a personal attack on your opinion, or as trivialising your frustrations - I do understand them, and share them in some cases (symmetry most notably) ! I too have paid an astonishing amount of money for Cinema over the years, and I am not immune to the frustration caused by things not working as they should, or not being addressed until the long(er) term. But I just see so many people being negative on release day, I just want to be one of the people pointing out the positive things that there are, and like I said above, I find enough of those on an ongoing basis to keep me generally happy. I realise of course that won't be the same for everyone...

CBR

6 minutes ago, FLima said:

But I guess we cant be critical about things here, we are only allowed to say nice things about C4D? 
"Oh wait, are you frustrated with the software you have paid so much for? How dare you!"

Oh man, I am not sure where are you getting your impressions from, really as a 40y old I would think you know better at this point.

My point was, if you constantly feel disappointed then either change team or simply understand that not everything can go your way, that's just life. Everyone here can express what they want as always and I just told you I stopped caring about Maxon and C4D in general because I simply was disappointed to many times and realized not everything can go my way and simply decided to change what I use for my 3D stuff. I still use C4D for my full time job and still helping when I can reporting bugs, but I don't feel frustrated anymore. You still can do your things as you did before, some are harder to do some easier and that's the fact and nature of C4D. Just because things aren't shaped by your will doesn't mean its end of the world. In the end, you have all the right to complain but in the end it will not help your health or sanity. 😉 

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

@FLima Please don't take anything I say as a personal attack on your opinion, or as trivialising your frustrations - I do understand them, and share them some cases (symmetry most notably) ! I too have paid an astonishing amount of money for Cinema over the years, and I am not immune to the frustration caused by things not working as they should, or not being addressed until the long(er) term. But I just see so many people being negative on release day, I just want to be one of the people pointing out the positive things that there are, and like I said above, I find enough of those on an ongoing basis to keep me generally happy. I realise of course that won't be the same for everyone...

CBR

Yeah I mean the world is a dark enough place as is, so I can only support this. Raging about everything that is NOT there instead of appreciating stuff that IS there (and I think there's some really cool stuff in this release) is just not good for the head.

3 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

No, not at all. You can be critical all you want here. What matters is the tone. And unfortunately discussions like these often devolve into circlejerking how sh** C4D is, how lazy MAXON Devs are, how much better Blender is, blah.

Yes, Blender has a faster pace of development. Yes, Blender is free. And it's still not used widely in production for some reason. I personally don't know why but there has to be SOME reason people still use Maya, 3DS Max, C4D, etc.

What people often tend to forget is how amazingly stable and easy to use C4D is. Making tools that are easy to use like this is extremely difficult. I think that is something that people often forget. Sure they could probably implement some kind of fluid simulation in a couple of months but actually making that easy to use is a WHOLE different story. I dare everybody to take a look at Houdini or Blender how complex it is to make and control good fluid simulations in those, especially if it has to be production quality.

C4D might be lagging behind when it comes to features but every other software lags miles behind C4D when it comes to usability and stability.

I get it, people get annoyed when a software they love gets compared to a different software. 
And by no means, I ever attacked any MAXON developer or accused them of being lazy. This would've been absurd on my part and definitely not my intention here at all.

And to be honest, if this wasnt a subscription model, I wouldnt think I would be this upset right now... 
But it is the business model that gets me you know? This bread crumbs of updates in exchange of the constant payment that we are required to make. 
This changes the dynamic of things, specially when you can (and I believe you have to) compare with other softwares. 

I dont want to turn this into a Maya vs Blender vs C4D debate, this is not it. 

• Customer

I think the introduction of subscription has raised expectations a bit too high.

MAXON's PR at the time is what raised those expectations though. 

It would probably help if MAXON released a roadmap and timeline for when the new core is expected. Possibly the reason it's not widely known is it would have hindered the subscription switch.

The update looks nice.

It's a pity there won't be any more bug fixes in legacy R23 😅.

1 minute ago, hobbyist said:

I think the introduction of subscription has raised expectations a bit too high.

MAXON's PR at the time is what raised those expectations though. 

It would probably help if MAXON released a roadmap and timeline for when the new core is expected. Possibly the reason it's not widely known is it would have hindered the subscription switch.

The update looks nice.

It's a pity there won't be any more bug fixes in legacy R23 😅.

This! Omg... thank you! 
You summarized my frustration perfectly. 

This and the price of the current subscription. 
I know that the subscription is almost pocket money for a big studio in Europe or US. 
But for Brazil, a one-man freelancer, who has also paid for render engine, xparticles, etc... and their subsequent maintance payments.
This is a lot to ask, with so little to offer in exchange. Having an indie option would lower a LOT these expectations and the feeling Im not getting enough.

1 minute ago, FLima said:

Having an indie option would lower a LOT these expectations and the feeling Im not getting enough.

If you ask me at this point, that would be best move from Maxon to introduce Indie and makes happy a lot of users. 

10 minutes ago, FLima said:

I get it, people get annoyed when a software they love gets compared to a different software. 
And by no means, I ever attacked any MAXON developer or accused them of being lazy. This would've been absurd on my part and definitely not my intention here at all.

And to be honest, if this wasnt a subscription model, I wouldnt think I would be this upset right now... 
But it is the business model that gets me you know? This bread crumbs of updates in exchange of the constant payment that we are required to make. 
This changes the dynamic of things, specially when you can (and I believe you have to) compare with other softwares. 

I dont want to turn this into a Maya vs Blender vs C4D debate, this is not it. 

I didn't want to imply that you are the one spreading the toxicity here. If i came across like this, sorry. Unintended 😉

Subscriptions rub me the wrong way as well but you know... it is what it is. The world is moving towards this. I just spent 230€ on one year of Houdini. The alternative would have been pirating it since I can't spent thousands on a perpetual. So in that sense subscriptions are amazing for people that don't earn their cash with it, because if Houdini Indie wasn't available I simply wouldn't have been able to afford it.

• Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community