So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

4 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Guys this is a half-year update... The good stuff is coming with the R upadate, not the S update.

At least that's how it was last time lol.

I agree.  I think MAXON does themselves a disserve by calling these midyear releases S24...I mean they only had 6 months to work on it since R23.  Rather, they should be called S23.5 in order to appropriately set expectations.

Personally, I do like the new asset browser and place tools.  The best plugin made by e-on for C4D was Carbon Scatter which they discontinued for reasons I cannot imagine so the new place tools are a welcome addition.  The ability to download ONLY certain assets encourages me to use them more simply because prior to that change, you had to download 3 to 6Gb of content with each release and there was nothing that told you which content was new since the previous release and (more importantly) NOT included in the new library since the previous release (AKAIK).  Thus I find myself with multiple content browser libraries on my hard drive taking up space.  Talk about hard-drive bloat.  So honestly, this is a great change.

Also, always happy to see better Redshift integration as I purchased that software with their 30% off sale (it was a no-brainer purchase).  Honestly, if you expect to see Redshift integration and are in need of a better rendering engine than AR, my gut feeling is that your best bet is to purchase Octane otherwise you will be waiting a long time for free Redshift.  Should it happen in the future, then you are in a better position as you now have both Redshift and Octane.

The continued improvement in animation tools are fulfilling a huge cry of past discontent among C4D users.  Now, character animation is (IHMO) the toughest chore in 3D and skilled users are probably not in the majority.  Therefore, you won't be hearing a loud chorus of praise from the user community for these changes.  But if you are a C4D character animator, I would love to hear your feedback.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Just now, Igor said:

If you ask me at this point, that would be best move from MAXON to introduce Indie and makes happy a lot of users. 

It would be and always has been. This should have happened years ago and to this day I do not understand what their problem is with Indie licensing.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

******* hell. We get a modifier Stack which is a node system at the same time? How awesome is that? They merge the best of Maya and Max into C4D...

Plus that they added like ten of my feature requests 😆

2 minutes ago, zeden said:

******* hell. We get a modifier Stack which is a node system at the same time? How awesome is that? They merge the best of Maya and Max into C4D...

There we go ! Someone else who appreciates the brilliance of that ! lols 🙂

CBR

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

There we go ! Someone else who appreciates the brilliance of that ! lols 🙂

CBR

YES! so great. And the place tools and animation features are awesome too!

especially the people that pay subscription are not just "allowed" to criticize but they have to, as they can not just skip one version to show the company that they don't like the way things are going. Therefor they have to be loud. That is also one side of the subscription model. This is one of the reasons why people get negative. there are many more, like the relatively small updates because of the fast update circle (so this doesn't just have  advantages, too) or the comparison with blenders development speed.

then we have decisions by MAXON. for example to put a lot of energy into the new core (which I like) and not to change or improve any feature that will be dependent of the new core in the future (which I dont like considering the long long time this already has taken). 

there is a LOT of features that need a revision.

It is a difficult situation MAXON is in and I can see the reasons for their decisions (even If I of course would maybe do things differently)

There is just one thing, that I really do not understand. As MAXON is in the moment feature wise not developing like the competition why are they not trying to generate good will (for example by integrating Redshift into c4d at the same price) and why are they alienating their perpetual customers.

There would be ways to generate more positive feedback but they prefer to remove features without replacement, hold off customers year after year (we are developing something great for the future), to rationalize the (in my case) great service of their resellers away and increase the prices for perpetual licenses for former MSA customers.

I think customers well have reasons to complain.

best regards

Jops

1 minute ago, Jops said:

There is just one thing, that I really do not understand. As MAXON is in the moment feature wise not developing like the competition why are they not trying to generate good will (for example by integrating Redshift into c4d at the same price) and why are they alienating their perpetual customers.

Money. They have a plan, and they are sticking with it. Wether we like it or not is a different story. 

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

4 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

Oh MAXON, try harder. Stop sending your paid actors. 🥴

You mean me? Who worked with both Max and Maya before and knows about the power of those concepts? Whose feature requests for placement tools and the Character tools were implemented? Kepp that BS to yourself

• Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community