So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

The scene manager looks really great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKO4reHoUHI&t=1s

I was hoping for something like the new nodes for years, and I like what I am seeing. Unfortunately the killing of Prime ended my upgrade path at R21. Hopefully MAXON decides that hobby users and new talents are also important and should not be pushed completely towards *some other software*. Would love to test this new stuff out at some point.  

The rest looks also decend!

Can we actually move node / Scene manage objects interactively in the viewport yet?  Until that happens it’s mostly pointless. 

I can see the point of release these tech previews to get people involved and used to them - but until they are fully usable they are not RELEASE production usable features and there is a disappointing lack of those in this release. 

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

Can we actually move node / Scene manage objects interactively in the viewport yet?  Until that happens it’s mostly pointless. 

I can see the point of release these tech previews to get people involved and used to them - but until they are fully usable they are not RELEASE production usable features and there is a disappointing lack of those in this release. 

PRS operations on OpNodes/Objects are possible interactively in the viewport.

I like the New Logo

I like DirectX now being used

I love the new Place tools (thank you)

I like the Scene editor

I like the Shadow trick to eyeball placement (very helpful)

I like the Dynamic Fill and Scatter Pen..

For my workflow I like this release!

Watching the live presentation on youtube from MAXON, was... an experience.
I've already given my opinion regarding what I thought of this update in previous pages, but it is clear that Beeple's artworks were a big influence on these new features.

Everything focused so we dont have to go on turbosquid and download premade assets, things are made much easier to produce quick instagram/NFT artwork and get those sweet ETH's. (Who cares about the evironment, the questionable scheme and unregulated system and questionable, very questionable taste of beeples artworks, am I right?) 
And hey, more artists making NFT's more chances to get the MAXON name out on the next million dollar purchase of NFT's? Sweet! 

But on top of all this,  the thing that upset me the most, was the "please, stay postive, be positive, have a positive attitude and we will reward you with a 'NFtee-shirt... '
It is by far, one of the most disgusting things I've seen so far. 
No MAXON, environment doesnt work like that, there is no such thing as "We guys, we should stop being negative about NFT's.. hey, LOOK, we are planting trees!" 
And attempting to treat us like obeying little boys and girls, attempting to discourage us of having a strong opinion.
And pretend we are impressed by your obvious attempt to disguise your sideing with NFT.

After 13 years using C4D, this is the biggest incentive I needed to move on to a different software. 
The subpar update on this expensive software alone was already a good reason by itself.
But on top of all that, having to hear "Hey, if you are a positive boy, we reward you with a t-shirt" it is... something else. 

This "Behave and be positive" attitude really shows that deep down, the company is aware of which side on this issue is taking.
But if you shush and be quiet about it, you get a nice t-shirt, and they will plant a tree!

And just for the sake of argument regarding Beeple. 
here are some of his artworks that were sold in his 69 million dollars NFT sale. 
https://news.artnet.com/opinion/beeple-everydays-review-1951656/amp-page?__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully MAXON doesnt focus on these works from Beeple for the next C4D update?

10 minutes ago, FLima said:

Watching the live presentation on youtube from MAXON, was... an experience.
I've already given my opinion regarding what I thought of this update in previous pages, but it is clear that Beeple's artworks were a big influence on these new features.

Everything focused so we dont have to go on turbosquid and download premade assets, things are made much easier to produce quick instagram/NFT artwork and get those sweet ETH's. (Who cares about the evironment, the questionable scheme and unregulated system and questionable, very questionable taste of beeples artworks, am I right?) 
And hey, more artists making NFT's more chances to get the MAXON name out on the next million dollar purchase of NFT's? Sweet! 

But on top of all this,  the thing that upset me the most, was the "please, stay postive, be positive, have a positive attitude and we will reward you with a 'NFtee-shirt... '
It is by far, one of the most disgusting things I've seen so far. 
No MAXON, environment doesnt work like that, there is no such thing as "We guys, we should stop being negative about NFT's.. hey, LOOK, we are planting trees!" 
And attempting to treat us like obeying little boys and girls, attempting to discourage us of having a strong opinion.
And pretend we are impressed by your obvious attempt to disguise your sideing with NFT.

After 13 years using C4D, this is the biggest incentive I needed to move on to a different software. 
The subpar update on this expensive software alone was already a good reason by itself.
But on top of all that, having to hear "Hey, if you are a positive boy, we reward you with a t-shirt" it is... something else. 

This "Behave and be positive" attitude really shows that deep down, the company is aware of which side on this issue is taking.
But if you shush and be quiet about it, you get a nice t-shirt, and they will plant a tree!

here are some of his artworks that were sold in his 69 million dollars NFT sale. 
https://news.artnet.com/opinion/beeple-everydays-review-1951656/amp-page?__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully MAXON doesnt focus on these works from Beeple for the next C4D update?

Oh common. they are just being silly.. nothing wrong with NFT's.. who cares.. a few swag tshirts.. big deal..

• Customer

The new features seem like really nice workflow enhancements. Chris's presentation was very good. How he packs so much into the short time is always impressive 😂

The chat was a really good laugh I thought. I didn't put much weight in the 'stay positive' when they said it. I took it as aimed more at anyone posting abuse rather than someone posting their disappointment. 

2 hours ago, FLima said:

Okay..based on that link, I am not a fan as I had no prior knowledge of Beeple's work.  I know that art is in the eye of the beholder so I will only speak for myself when I say that I found the subject matter rather disturbing, racist, misogynistically vulgar and overly violent.   The quotes, written by Beeple himself under each individual work only support that conclusion.  Was his art meant to be to be intentionally "edgy" as a means to deliver an  "important" message?  Not sure.  Honestly, they read to me more like vulgar graffiti written on the side of a public bathroom stall than real art.   But again, I speak only for myself.

But whatever the intended outcome, he made a ton of money with it....which in itself is an interesting comment.   I guess you need to be shocking more than good to be relevant in the art world.

If I was MAXON, I would not be so eager to align myself with this work.  Pretty sure that there are other artists out there who are forging their path in the NFT world that are far more deserving of MAXON's attention.  Just look at the artists profiled at Kitbash3D or in our own Gallery at The Cafe!  -- now that is art.

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Guest unfeatured this topic