So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

48 minutes ago, srek said:

RS isn’t part of Cinema 4D.

Also a very important difference of the new Asset System compared to the old Content Is that single assets can be installed easily at any time. If MAXON decides at any time to make new Assets available it can be done easily.

But then when RS is added to C4D, shouldn't Assets be revealed/included in the Asset browser?

Since its under the same umbrealla now..  Why not just add them.. for users that Do opt to install redshift.

and if a user doesnt use redshift.. when they select a redshift section of the asset browser you can show an Ad to try and get them add on redshift.

53 minutes ago, srek said:

RS isn’t part of Cinema 4D.

Also a very important difference of the new Asset System compared to the old Content Is that single assets can be installed easily at any time. If MAXON decides at any time to make new Assets available it can be done easily.

If I may... Why Arnold is free with Maya, but Redshift isnt?

1 hour ago, srek said:

I can’t remember the command name currently, but yes, you can convert the created geometry into a static standard poly object.

1 hour ago, RBarrett said:

In the Node Editor - Edit Menu. Convert Current Scene State to Classic.

Now that is truly awesome - very glad to hear that!

Rather than making the new Scene Node stuff completely isolated from all other existing C4D functionality, which I thought was the case, this capability allows for a smooth transition, since they can be used as sort of parametric and/or generated templates from which regular editable geometry can be made.

If any features of C4D (e.g., fields, etc...) are needed that are not yet available for Scene Nodes, they could be (frozen and) converted to editable polys for that use-case and functionality, just like is done for other parametric geometry and generators/modifiers. This allows for a much smoother and more integrated transition of existing C4D functionality to the Scene Node system, as it gets further refined and more functionality is added to it.

I guess from a wishlist perspective, I don't know if there are any changes related to Boolean in the new core, but I am very hopeful that new Boolean capability gets added sooner rather than later to replace what is presently in C4D. In my opinion, Boolean is a very important workflow catalyst, and having it function efficiently, correctly, and intuitively would be a very welcome improvement for modeling.

1 hour ago, FLima said:

But if NFT's are not bad for the environment, why is MAXON suddenly decided to plant trees? Suddenly Global Warming became a concern? 

And I really have an issue when a company focus so much on this kind of thing, and on a specific professional, that suddenly, an entire update of this software is around this!

I don't want to belabor this further, but MAXON's concern for the environment and association with Treedom predates the rise of popularity of NFTs. We were all gifted trees at the end of last year, and I'm getting regular updates on my Columbian coffee tree. While the relationship existed previously, the concerns over the environmental impact of NFTs prompted us to invest further and to use our platform to involve all of our environmental-conscious users in Treedom as well.

Also, you seem to think we built this release around NFTs or around Beeple's workflow. It's true that many of the features are ideal for typical NFT workflows, as is Cinema 4D as a whole. I think many C4D artists have been successful in everydays and NFTs explicitly because Cinema 4D offers a fast, easy and integrated workflow that's ideal for completing projects in a short timeframe. Those same qualities are the reason the vast majority of our users have chosen Cinema 4D, so it was a natural choice to improve the workflow for finding and adding assets to user's scenes. And these features were conceived last summer, long before NFTs became a thing.

2 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

I think he meant that Arnold is "free" with Maya and Max, but C4D still has Standard / Physical but no Redshift.

Let's not forget the seeming abandonment of AMD's ProRender as a viable alternative for production rendering. Or, am I wrong on this point?

pls anyone can help me?

i dont understand. why MAXON broke content browser and tries to some asset browser? . it was good module already and. can browse files from pc. can contain render settings ...

now i converted my content browser 1.5 gb pack to asset browser.

1. question: where my files stored on pc? on folder i choose when converted, can see  just a some 1 kb files. not my 1.5 gb data. whey visible on c4d but i want to backup manually they like lib4d file.

2. where is my render settigns????. i have different render presets for different render engines. for example: cycles low, cycles high cycles trail render .... also for redshift and octane too. so all of they gone. in the converted folder in new asset manager cant see any of my render setting presets....other files like studio rigs are there. but render settigns gone. cant find... 

also a question how to browse my computer with asset browser???? content browser has direct access to file explorer so i can see all exr or hdr images as thumbnails. windows not shows exr2s so c4d browser was lifesaver for me because of it shows all thumbnails. now asset browser... cant find how to add a folder  or browse my computer. too confused... i should ad 1 by 1 select and import lot of textures hdrs ?

Just now, SharpEars said:

Let's not forget the seeming abandonment of AMD's ProRender or am I wrong on this?

No, ProRender has been deprecated. The results were just not good and I'm glad MAXON abandoned it as early as they did.

That said, you can still download the newest ProRender versions from AMDs Website if you want. For free.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

Regarding Redshift Assets I wanted to mention that while they're aren't any included currently in the MAXON-provided library, it's easy to add your own. The Asset Browser automatically tracks dependencies and will flag any Redshift materials with a special icon. You can build a smart search based on the dependency to for instance easily pull up Redshift metals. I'm sure in time we'll add Redshift materials to the online library as well.

Cinema_4D_MA7X6M4Dya.png

7 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

Regarding Redshift Assets I wanted to mention that while they're aren't any included currently in the MAXON-provided library, it's easy to add your own. The Asset Browser automatically tracks dependencies and will flag any Redshift materials with a special icon. You can build a smart search based on the dependency to for instance easily pull up Redshift metals. I'm sure in time we'll add Redshift materials to the online library as well.

Cinema_4D_MA7X6M4Dya.png

mr. RBarrett i converted my content browser data. 1.5 gb. there was my per render engine folders. each containing some files studio and mats. also there was my render settings. for example low medium or animation or for particles. different render presets i do. i cant see render settings presets in asset browser?  its not supported? 

• Guest unfeatured this topic