So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

Mike A

2021-04-14_11-26-03.thumb.jpg.25db3556f1164b3ad779c00ba70ad40d.jpg

new viewport is tooo bad to use if docked/tabbed with other windows.  my interface is docked most of windows seen in screenshot.  if i select lot of objects. for example 200 300 sphere. its waits some seconds. when selection is ok, than i cant move resize or scale with placement tools because works too laggy.i think when i clicking wo viewport c4d cant understand wich windows i clicked. viewport like a transparent sheet and i clicking all windows under viewport. or something like that... so if viewport have docked in tabs it makes problem. i hope it will be fixed in r25.

• Customer
18 minutes ago, kmls said:

new viewport is tooo bad to use if docked/tabbed with other windows.  my interface is docked most of windows seen in screenshot.  if i select lot of objects. for example 200 300 sphere. its waits some seconds. when selection is ok, than i cant move resize or scale with placement tools because works too laggy.i think when i clicking wo viewport c4d cant understand wich windows i clicked. viewport like a transparent sheet and i clicking all windows under viewport. or something like that... so if viewport have docked in tabs it makes problem. i hope it will be fixed in r25.

If that's a bug, then something like that would probably be fixed much sooner than R25 release. 

Definitely worth reporting it to their support if you haven't done so already  MAXON Support - for Cinema 4D, BodyPaint 3D and more

1 hour ago, DasFrodo said:

I actually didn't mean that the sub is too expensive. I meant that the Perpetual is too expensive in relation to the Subscription 😄

And they make sure to keep it like this to make the subs look more appealing. The reality is that everything is over priced now considering the competitive environment.  

12 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Where? Last I checked it was "hidden" below the subscription prices as a small link, and that is still the case.

Perpetual upgrade pricing is still hidden and  requires a call to the sales office.  The only reason that I can think of this continual omission on their sales page and why it does not have an automatic "Buy Now" option is because perpetual upgrades are not part of MAXON's long term strategy....or that they have yet to decide if it should be a permanent part of their sales strategy.  The deciding factor being the rate of annual perpetual upgrades --- if that option creates on-going revenue then it stays.  If not, it goes (one less license type to manage).  Only time will tell.

I would love to get a solid reason from ANYONE on this as I think the answer would tell us a great deal about MAXON's view on perpetual upgrades.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

2 hours ago, kmls said:

Hi KMLS,

There is a known issue with having the picture viewer docked in custom layouts. If you close it it should work as expected.

Regards

Fritz

5 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Perpetual upgrade pricing is still hidden and  requires a call to the sales office.  The only reason that I can think of this continual omission on their sales page and why it does not have an automatic "Buy Now" option is because perpetual upgrades are not part of MAXON's long term strategy....or that they have yet to decide if it should be a permanent part of their sales strategy.  The deciding factor being the rate of annual perpetual upgrades --- if that option creates on-going revenue then it stays.  If not, it goes (one less license type to manage).  Only time will tell.

I would love to get a solid reason from ANYONE on this as I think the answer would tell us a great deal about MAXON's view on perpetual upgrades.

Dave

To the best of my knowledge one big reason to not show the upgrade price is that there are quite a few different variations out there where people do own other MAXON products or want upgrades for other than the last version. It is actually easier to clear this up on a per case base than trying to offer all options on a page.

24 minutes ago, Fritz said:

Hi KMLS,

There is a known issue with having the picture viewer docked in custom layouts. If you close it it should work as expected.

Regards

Fritz

i removed texture and preferences and now is much better works. but okey, i will try remove picture viewer too and adapt to use as windows.. but  for me sad to see those limitations. c4d it is best interface in the industry and  this is one of the reasons why i prefer c4d.

The complaints in this thread are very similar to almost every Lightwave and Modo release thread I’ve read over the past 15 years - regardless of the actual quality of the release. And from what I’ve heard, it’s the same for 3d Studio. 

It seems 3d professionals are really hard to please. 

44 minutes ago, clarence said:

It seems 3d professionals are really hard to please. 

Yep - impossible to please all of the people all of the time. We all care about such different things. Some of the people, some of the time seems to be the most anyone can hope for 🙂

CBR

• Customer

The question of whether something is expensive is subjective, so there is that.

It's also why I think Bitcoin at €53,000 today is cheap.

• Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community