So, what are you guys hoping for in S24?

4 hours ago, keppn said:

I just wanted to add those thoughts to the commonly heard phrase "Well, Blender is free!"

From what I hear from my students, Blender is not the only or the biggest threat - it's Maya Indie. They can get a industry standard software + plus Octane for half of what they would be paying for Cinema 4D. Plus they don't need to buy X-Particles and TurbulenceFD, they ger this built-in the software. 

I sincerely think that Cinema4D will go the way of Lightwave3D if MAXON does not release a indie version or at least bring back C4D Prime. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do hate subscriptions. And I hate online activation / periodic checking.   Even though I have R21, I don't use it because when I don't use it regularly it loses the login credentials and I

Apart from what we wish for this software we must be realistic and try to see what is MAXON's real goal and what should we be expecting. To do this we also must see what is happening in the other

Wow, so you don't give even 1 year support for a (very expensive) perpetual license? You guys really went to the Dark side, huh? Not cool.  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, keppn said:

Oh, and by the way, I think an important point is forgotten in the whole price discussion: 

Changing to Blender is not free. I considered it too, but: 

- I would have to relearn a lifetime of working in 3D -> Hundreds or Thousands of unpaid hours. 

- I would have to convert my whole library of assets

- I would need to cut myself loose from all my previous work (scenefiles, setups), that make my work very efficient. 

In the end, for me the switch would be a massive time investment, and at this point in life, 

time is my rarest ressource. So I decided to stay in familiar C4D-country and just deal with the price. 

Of course I'd prefer a lower cost, Indie-version, whatever, too. I hope your voices are heard by MAXON. 

I just wanted to add those thoughts to the commonly heard phrase "Well, Blender is free!"

Blender free just out of the box, but to get Blender usable you will spend few hundreds on addons. And addon creators  want more to sell they'r product, than make Blender better, so there is no unified ecosystem.  Addons like separate apps in Blender.

13 hours ago, CDALive said:

Well, this discussions are all over the place and on all different Software forums every time when a new release comes out. here is my point.

Three years ago I was on the same part that MAXON and Cinema 4D loose the track to the Industry.  I heard a lot from Peoples " aa Cinema 4D, yes it is a Mograph Software.

And yes a lot of industry standards and tools was not in Cinema 4D for a long time. So I switched to 3DSMax, also because I need it for work at the office. Specially for Architectue Visualisation 3DSMax is the standard with the most tools and Assets focused for  Archviz. 3DSmax is great on that but there is so much pain and stress every day working with 3DSMax. 

short: Now three years later I canceled 3DSMax at home and switched back to Cinema 4D. And it was a coming Home. Today the best thing of the day is turn off 3DSMax at work and start Cinema 4D at home.  What a great feeling to work with Cineme 4D.  About the Update to R24. for me it is a great update and I feel that MAXON has found the way and focus back into the whole industry not only focused on Motion graphigs. So thanks to MAXON for this Update and keep up the track.

At office i worked with Max everyday for five years. I've  saved file every n minutes and manually did additional file copy, because  had  experience, when "unknown error" pops up, Max shuts down and file doesn't open anymore. In Cinema you can do same things so much faster. You can go crazy with ui, hotkey and scripting customisation. About stability i even don't talk 🙂

8 hours ago, Richy said:

Blender free just out of the box, but to get Blender usable you will spend few hundreds on addons. And addon creators  want more to sell they'r product, than make Blender better, so there is no unified ecosystem.  Addons like separate apps in Blender.

No you really won't. Out of the box Blender is a powerhouse now. With decent modeling, UV, and sculpting tools. It's pretty much a perfect pairing for real-time applications like Unreal or Unity. 

Really digging the new placement tools.  It's something I've wanted, been looking for ever since I got interested in 3D. Also, the new Asset browser seems to be super as of now. Building my own little Kitbash library means I don;t have to keep opening other files.