Which photorealistic renderers are available for Apple M1?

• Cerbera changed the title to Which photorealistic renderers are available for Apple M1?

For some render engines, including corona, you can run C4D through Rosetta 2 and it runs fine. I know the Corona devs are working to hopefully get v7 to be an M1 native. I would imagine other engines are in the same boat. I think the trick is to run the INSTALLER via Rosetta 2.

didn't otoy release octane that work on it? even on iphone? maybe only tech demo. but i would check it out, i think they would be the first to release gpu renders on m1.

you could also use one of those remote computers like shadow pc, and render on that with octane. 

since I am new to C4D I was thinking to go for Octane in order to and learn it and of course to focus in one render.

I know that Arnold is one of the best but its kinda slower comparing to Octane. 

Also to build a PC now is super expensive since cards like RTX 3090 is very expensive and they are not available..

that's nice info there. Things are about to change for sure.

If the M1 has these results, I can't wait to see what a dedicated gpu (M1G??) can do..

Despite the disappointing  yesterday event which had nothing to say appart from the new fancy iMacs we have to wait 

probably unit WWDC for some "pro" products.

As I said elsewhere I can't wait to see how many GPUs  they will cram on a RISC chip by 2022! I sure am happy with both Cycles and Redshift. I am getting more impressed with Redshift every day as I study it. I think the serious, massive machines probably won't be here till late this year but M1X with 16 GPUs probably by WWDC? This is sure fun to watch!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community