How can I create a brown material like the one in the photo?

Hello

I kind of have no real idea how to get a brown material like the one in the photo below?

In Keyshot I got a similar result, but here in Cinema 4d I can't find anything suitable.

Would be cool if someone could help me out here.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-10 um 01.48.25.png

You mean the material used on the narrow bands specifically ?

If so that looks very simple, like it could be some form of smokey coloured plastic. I don't have Vray, but if I was doing that material in Native Render I'd be popping a few layered colored noises in the color (diffuse) channel, and in Reflectance I'd be using a middling reflection level and roughness of around 40-50%, with a dielectric / PET type fresnel. I'm sure that sort of thing is easy to recreate in Vray.

CBR

On 4/10/2021 at 2:31 AM, Cerbera said:

You mean the material used on the narrow bands specifically ?

If so that looks very simple, like it could be some form of smokey coloured plastic. I don't have Vray, but if I was doing that material in Native Render I'd be popping a few layered colored noises in the color (diffuse) channel, and in Reflectance I'd be using a middling reflection level and roughness of around 40-50%, with a dielectric / PET type fresnel. I'm sure that sort of thing is easy to recreate in Vray.

CBR

Hey thanks for your tips 🙂

I'm trying to recreate the thing now in the native render but unfortunately I can't get much closer than in the following picture: / 

I uploaded the file for you once. It probably helps to understand why it looks like this on me: D

https://we.tl/t-nnF7rwXxYe

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-12 um 22.04.08.png

The file doesn't help me because I don't have Vray, but helpful that it is there for the people that do.

Now I look again at the reference photo (which I am still struggling to see clearly because of its low resolution ) perhaps that isn't a noise based thing after all; today it looked more like a sort of parquet flooring type material to me ! If that is the case, and you do need just these narrow strips of it, then a photo-based texture is almost certainly going to be the way to go, and there are literally hundreds of such textures available with a search for parquet floor texture.

If it is noise-based however, then you might wanna try something other than the standard (perlin) noise - Cinema has many many more types than that - in fact they are the strongest point of the whole native material system and renderers, so you should go through all of them to find the suitable ones, and then layer them up so you mix noise types for a much less artificial / fake 3D kind of look... when you do move back to Vray I would hope it can use Cinema's native noises too, but you might wanna check that with someone who has it.

CBR

Hello

After trying several times, I got the best result yet with a rubber material that looks much better but is still not right: /

I'm doing the whole thing now with the standard Cinema 4d rendering, but I don't know how to get any closer to the result I want

I will post the original video here so that you can see better quality of the material I want to recreate:

1341551120_Bildschirmfoto2021-04-15um20_10_44.thumb.png.05f93561cfcdcd795955119c20e3cf1b.png

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community