Been years since I set up a network share and I am very rusty !!

I have an SSD drive on a machine and I can network OK between my 2 machines ( Sometimes I do get issues with one or  the other showing in explorer but can always ping)

Now they connect via direct 1GB Ethernet cable and I have set a folder on the SSD as a shared folder \\machine2\ssd\caches\

I have set my TFD configurations to write caches to this mapped z: share but when I look in the SSD folder after a simulation on the other machine1 I see two folders and an Empty TurbulenceFD Caches 001 folder and a User folder. The later is a standard user folder and if I drill down through the levels - app data-roaming etc I get to a C4DR23 folder and there are my caches.

Now if I simulate on the machine2 which holds the SD and sim to a Z drive a new folder is created called Program Files and within that is MAXON R23 and then my TFD cache

Basically this is a hair pulling pain..what is Windows 10 playing around with ?

This is not what I want of course, I simply want the drive Z to appear as a normal drive to all machines on drive Z none of this user stuff.

What am I missing here ?

It seems happy to create these 2 Cache folders but does not want to populate them directly

netshare.jpg

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community