Core4D Update 1.01 / Small Changes / Whats Coming

Guest Igor

Hi folks, 

I just wanted to update you with some small changes and what is to expect in near future.

I did some small reorganization changes inside Community Forums. Now you can see Personal Sketchbooks sub-forum. To make things more clear and to support guys who came up with the idea ( @EAlexander @DasFrodo @kingcoma & @VECTOR ) I decided to create special place and embrace this idea so that anyone willing to share in that way can now do that in a more clear fashion, while Needed Feedback is now on its own, which I hope will be more clear for everyone. Also with this change, I will soon introduce a better presentation of those PS topics on the home page, so stay tuned for that.

Now, I am not sure about Blogs, seems like Topic Spotlight have much more impact and member engagement, so I am thinking of removing Blogs and simply leave Topic Spotlights and use that instead in the future, any thoughts/feedback on that would be appreciated?

Also a great news came today directly from IPB and we will soon gonna have integrated, more advanced and more appealing Reward System (Awards, Badges etc.), where all those likes and shared content will be more valuable and most engaging members will have most benefits. There is also a way to use your hard earn Points/Likes to be spend on Store products, but I need to investigate on that how that would be used, so that those who really help around get something more in return.

Regarding opening doors to other 3D apps will be ongoing and in planning for next year. So far we have dedicated to have only topics for Blender and Houdini, so anything you would like to share about those, you can in those dedicated topics. It will be a hard thing to implement new things but I we will find a way I hope.

Also, new logo is on its way and I will hopefully present something in coming weeks. This time I plan to hire a designer to do logo for us. If anyone here have that experience, let me know and we could negotiate to create a new logo that will stay unchanged for a long time. 🙂

I would also like to take a chance and really say a big thanks to our active Contributors, there are not many but we are grateful to have any. 🙂

@deck @BobGF @3D-Pangel @Jami Stewart @John Smith @Bryan Smith @BigAl3D @GazzaMataz @stephan laub @RobertH @Mike A

@JustinLeduc @DasFrodo @Freemorpheme @hobbyist (if I forgot someone, please let me know and sorry)

Lets not forget @dast @Freemorpheme @kbar and @noseman  who provides us with some nice free scripts and plugins and of course our Community Staff @Cerbera @DasFrodo @Rectro @bezo and our Xpresso/Simulation Jedi @jed.

I would also like to address that Contributions idea was not meant to give you access to be able to read forum for a price or anything of that kind but idea is to support what we are doing here and keeping community alive. Everyone here investing their private time to make all of this running smooth as possible. On top of that, those who Contributes have certain benefits which are not super huge atm but nice. In the future we will bring more value to it as we will try to bring more products to the store, which then for Contributors means better prices, more storage and so on. Also if you are a Contributor, all adds will be removed and you have opportunity to share your link of your website inside the posts (more self promotion). So again, nothing huge but at least something. Also if you are a Customer some benefits applies to you too. 🙂

And last thing, those who are sending Support Tickets, mails to us via Contact form or Tickets (Footer), you can now find your answers on the top menu under MORE-> Support

Regarding Challenges, for now I removed them as its simply to much work around them and plugins we had simply doesn't work as expected. I am considering mini Challenges between 3D apps. like C4D, Blender and Houdini. But lets see how that evolves. 

That would be all for now...Ill keep you updated, thanks for reading! :cowboypistol:

• Guest featured this topic
On 4/14/2021 at 4:01 PM, Igor said:

I would also like to address that Contributions 

Hi Igor,

Thanks again for spending all this time make for a community available to us fellow Cinema4D enthusiasts.

Up to recently I had a silver monthly contribution, which was automatically renewed by PayPal every month.

With the change of C4DCafe to Core4D I was assuming the legal part of the payments needed to be changed as well, as such I figured it might be useful that I ended the automatic payments to C4DCafe, and instead continue with payments to the Core4D entity. Taking advantage of this change to go with a gold annual contribution instead.

However, after my contribution ended about a week ago, I went to the contribution page and could only find a way to "renew" the silver|monthly. All other tiers, even the annual ones, are inaccessible (see screenshot).

Contributions.thumb.jpg.58833fd3abd8319d4659e84034fff9d8.jpg

When I go to the "manage purchases" page, all I can do is renew the silver|month.

Nowhere on the whole website can I find a way to purchase a gold annual contribution. Nor in the "Store", nor in "Contributions", nor in "manage purchases".

It seems the system sees I previously had a silver|month contribution ... and doesn't allow me to be anything else 😉

And please, just round up those prices.

It's quite silly to mention 4.99 euro per month, when you're actually billed 5 euros.

I don't mind being billed an extra cent, and I honestly prefer round numbers.  *I* never got with the idea behind this "charm pricing" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pricing)

Sorry to bring this up in the forum, and not via private message ... ever since my contribution ended last week I am unable to send PM's, due to a full mailbox 🤣

2 minutes ago, dast said:

Hi Igor,

Thanks again for spending all this time make for a community available to us fellow Cinema4D enthusiasts.

Up to recently I had a silver monthly contribution, which was automatically renewed by PayPal every month.

With the change of C4DCafe to Core4D I was assuming the legal part of the payments needed to be changed as well, as such I figured it might be useful that I ended the automatic payments to C4DCafe, and instead continue with payments to the Core4D entity. Taking advantage of this change to go with a gold annual contribution instead.

However, after my contribution ended about a week ago, I went to the contribution page and could only find a way to "renew" the silver|monthly. All other tiers, even the annual ones, are inaccessible (see screenshot).

Contributions.thumb.jpg.58833fd3abd8319d4659e84034fff9d8.jpg

When I go to the "manage purchases" page, all I can do is renew the silver|month.

Nowhere on the whole website can I find a way to purchase a gold annual contribution. Nor in the "Store", nor in "Contributions", nor in "manage purchases".

It seems the system sees I previously had a silver|month contribution ... and doesn't allow me to be anything else 😉

It's quite silly to mention 4.99 euro per month, when you're actually billed 5 euros.

I don't mind being billed an extra cent, and I honestly prefer round numbers.  *I* never got with the idea behind this "charm pricing" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pricing)

Sorry to bring this up in the forum, and not via private message ... ever since my contribution ended last week I am unable to send PM's, due to a full mailbox 🤣

Thanks for pointing those, very valuable information and I will look into these asap. 

• Guest unfeatured this topic
On 4/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, dast said:

it's funny i always also didn't like those prices, but recently realized we've all been so conditioned to seeing them, that when you put a price that is round, straight away it feels dodgy or suspicious for some reason :)) had to change it on my site.. 

17 minutes ago, Vozzz said:

it's funny i always also didn't like those prices, but recently realized we've all been so conditioned to seeing them, that when you put a price that is round, straight away it feels dodgy or suspicious for some reason :)) had to change it on my site.. 

Man, what ever we do, its always something problematic for some, so I cant please all. I changed the prices as Dast suggested.

And @dast here is the answer from IPB support:

image.png

Try now dast!

@IgorI have a few more issues, but definitely NOT urgent. Just want to let you know about them.

I have seen your sticky notes about the Tip Me, but cannot seem to find that menu item in my account settings.

I can also not reply to your sticky, as system says I am not allowed to send sticky notes.

And my profile says it's 0% complete, while I have almost filled in every possible field, except website. Weird stuff.

As I said: don't spend time on these minor issues, I am only mentioning these to let you know.

1 minute ago, dast said:

@IgorI have a few more issues, but definitely NOT urgent. Just want to let you know about them.

I have seen your sticky notes about the Tip Me, but cannot seem to find that menu item in my account settings.

I can also not reply to your sticky, as system says I am not allowed to send sticky notes.

And my profile says it's 0% complete, while I have almost filled in every possible field, except website. Weird stuff.

As I said: don't spend time on these minor issues, I am only mentioning these to let you know.

Don't worry, you know I need some feedback anyway, its hard to think of everything when there is so much to do.

To set up Tip Me go here:

B0473932-9AA2-441D-A1F3-DAB32BFE13B9.jpeg