Probably simple question regarding object axis and animating.

Basically what I have is on the left, step 1, where the object axis is in the middle of the object. I've already done some simple animating of that object (moving, spinning, etc)

But now I need to knock the object over in the direction of the arrow while remaining in contact with the blue floor, like shown at step 2. Moving the object axis to the low pivoting corner as shown in the illustration would help, but moving the object axis changes the position of everything that object did in the animation prior to moving the axis. So maybe I should have started the animation with the object axis at step 2 to make it easier?

But what if I also need to knock the object the other way, like in step 3? The axis is now hanging in air but I want it to be at the lower point where the object is touching the floor. But if I move the axis again everything from steps one and two will break.

It’s this basic concept that I’m struggling with. I want to keep moving the axis around but clearly this is not the correct way.

Anyone know of a good tutorial that explains how to organize your object axes for the best flexibility?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-04-15.jpg

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community