Rendering takes a very long Time

Go to solution Solved by Gonkimulle,

• Cerbera changed the title to Rendering (ProRender) takes a very long Time

I am confused. That scene renders for me in 1 minute 32 secs (S24), which I do not consider in any way unreasonable for a 4K image.

image.png.b8209232d78a72ffc2b79717620ace54.png

I might expect that to be a bit faster in S24 than in R21, but not by a great deal...

Although when the file opened it did so with Physical render activated ! How long does it take on yours, and have you tried simply changing the renderer to Physical (adaptive / Automatic / 10% for example ) ?

CBR

• Cerbera changed the title to Rendering takes a very long Time

ok, assuming your project is correct, you mean physical render, not prorender?

• Youre saving to png, this will add a few seconds per frame to all renders, if you save to something like exr instead youll get faster save times.
  • Im not sure why youre using physical render, normally this is used for pbr renders or when using large amounts of rough reflections and transparancies. Standard render will probably be a bit faster for you. If you do this, set your antialiasing back to geometry mode, not best mode.
  • Youre using a high sample count in your GI on a basic scene, this is overkill. Set the GL preset to "interior - high (high diffuse depth)" for a good starting point.
  • ambient occlusion isnt doing much for this scene, the global illumination is doing all the heavy lifting, i would disable it.

If I do these changes, my render time goes down from 56 second for frame 2800 to 25 seconds with very little visual difference.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community