New Gods: Nezha Reborn

Guest Igor

Just now, HappyPolygon said:

Is the movie related to C4D ?

No idea to be honest. I doubt, but its a really great movie in terms of rendering and animation. Also, interesting characters. If you can stand Chinese language, you will enjoy it, I definitely did. so I would recommend it. 

Anyway, those Spotlights are meant to inspire in most cases, especially if I post the animation movie trailer. Not everything here has to be related to C4D, aldo this as a 3D movie trailer, so it makes things related in more generalized way. 🙂

3 hours ago, HappyPolygon said:

I think there should be a dedicated sub-forum for movies/games showcases for posts like this and Love, Robots and Death, under the Miscellaneous sub-topic.

Give me one good reason and Ill separate them? 🙂 

• Customer

Purely for inspirational and technical reasons. Anyone who thinks a movie, tv commercial, music clip or game (be it cinematic trailer or backstage) is worth looking for its technical feats or because a scene was made in C4D (or not) should post it there.
This way there will be a special topic for people to be informed about :

• new movies related to CGI
  • movies that were made with C4D (or other Maxon products)
  • games (or assets) that were made with C4D (or other Maxon products)
  • commercials and music clips that were made with C4D (or other Maxon products)

and have a topic were people can analyze and discus how some effects, simulations, scenes were made.
We could even make a topic to list all movies where C4D was used (it's good to know what C4D is capable of for the big screen).

I don't know... I'm new here, I don't know how often people post movie/game topics, but in a week I saw 2. And I don't know how to find other posts like this if there isn't a dedicated sub-forum.

To problem is that I also have no idea when something is done with C4D. And in most cases not only C4D was used, usually its used for small portion of a film, like for Ironman, where they used C4D for Ironman suit/vizor UI. Another problem is how to properly categorize it so its not confusing and what I have learn over the years that more sub forums usually doesn't mean better or more clear, quite opposite, its usually more confusing. Organizing forums is really not an easy task. That's why I have put this text here:

image.png

We will certainly try to find more ways to organize over time as usual, so thanks for the feedback, its always good to have it. 

To get this back on topic, I just finished watching "Nezha Reborn."

I thought Nezha's CG was just gorgeous.  ACES rendered?  Most likely as the dynamic range of each frame was amazing.  I also enjoyed the story and characters. Now the plot does move quickly and you really need to give it two viewings to pick up everything.  Originally, I thought the editing was too jumpy but on the second viewing you realize that each one makes sense as now you know where the scene is going --- it happens that fast.  

Also, you also need to see another Netflix movie before you watch "Nezha Reborn" which is simply called "Nezha" as  that provide some of the background mythology of the character which is referenced in "Nezha Reborn".  When "Nezha Reborn" goes into the back story, it is with assumption that you already know about that legend so they really don't spend much time on it.  I was a little confused watching those scenes in "Neha Reborn" until they showed "Nezha" as a child and from their I made connection to the other Netflix movie.

I think Igor said he watched it with sub-titles.   It is now on Netflix and with English dubbing.  Sorry, but it is very hard to read sub-titles while watching amazing eye-candy.  You almost have to make a choice: enjoy the visuals or enjoy the plot.  I really wish Monster Run on Netlix had an English dub version.

Catch these movies when the come out as Netflix does  not keep them up forever.  I wanted to go back and watch "Harlock: Space Pirate" again as that CG was also very good, but it is no longer streaming.  Drat.  In fact, they no longer carry the DVD to rent at Netflix.  But you can stream it on Amazon Prime.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Unfortunately I don't have Nezha alone on the Netflix. for some reasons Netflix has different content depending on the country which is very weird and hard to understand. So I cant watch Nezha alone and on my Netflix I had only English subtitles but not English dub. Which is fine, I usually like Chinese and Japanese, if done correctly, they really give unique charm to the movies or anime's. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community