Core4D S24 Nodes training [Downloadable + Scene Files]

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really looking forward to this training.  I purchased the previous version and found (as with all of Hrvoje's courses) that he takes a complex subject like C nodes and breaks it down into a set of wel

Posted Images

On 4/27/2021 at 4:43 PM, Hrvoje said:

Hi folks : )

I am very happy to announce that we made major training content for S24 regarding Scene nodes and related scene manager. Currently there are 3 full training volumes, beginner, intermediate, and advanced. The system is super capable and quite mature which is shown in trainings. These are one of a kind trainings which shouldn't be missed and will remove any fear of nodes you may have. Check the details here:

https://www.core4d.com/ipb/store_test/products/

Contributors as usual have appropriate discounts. 🙂 

This looks very interesting. But before I purchase it, maybe you could answer one question that it is still not very clear to me:

Are Scene Nodes supposed to totally replace Xpresso or are they something that will be kept in parallel?

I'm a heavy Xpresso user, so I'm surprise this is not made more clear by Maxon.

16 minutes ago, hikarubr said:

This looks very interesting. But before I purchase it, maybe you could answer one question that it is still not very clear to me:

Are Scene Nodes supposed to totally replace Xpresso or are they something that will be kept in parallel?

I'm a heavy Xpresso user, so I'm surprise this is not made more clear by Maxon.

Scene Nodes are completely independent from Xpresso. Xpresso is an Expression system that works on the old object system, Scene Nodes are the visible heart of the new object system and go way beyond what Xpresso can do. The new object system is meant to replace the old one at some time in the future, when that happens Xpresso will be replaced as well. For this to happen Scene Nodes and the Scene Manager will have quite a way to go still.

On 5/18/2021 at 3:24 AM, srek said:

Scene Nodes are completely independent from Xpresso. Xpresso is an Expression system that works on the old object system, Scene Nodes are the visible heart of the new object system and go way beyond what Xpresso can do. The new object system is meant to replace the old one at some time in the future, when that happens Xpresso will be replaced as well. For this to happen Scene Nodes and the Scene Manager will have quite a way to go still.

Thanks for the answer, Srek. So Expresso will, indeed, be replaced by Scene nodes but not in the short term. 

The only worry I have is that it seems a little bit more complex than Xpresso. It seems closer to Max Creation Graph or Maya Bifrost, not as easy to use as Xpresso. But I'll keep my eyes open and study more when I have some free time. 

On 5/18/2021 at 4:24 AM, Hrvoje said:

@hikarubr

If you like Xpresso you will find that Scene nodes surpass it by light years : )

It seems so for the little I read and watch it about. But as I said to Srek, that's what worries me - Xpresso is super easy to use for an artist. Scene Nodes seems more complex, it's more like ICE, Bifrost or MCG. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Xpresso is very similar to ICE. In fact, all of these are node systems but with different scope. Xpresso is very limited and confined into pretty much manipulating attributes of existing objects.

I don't find scene nodes to be more difficult than Xpresso, quite the opposite. In scene nodes things are straight forward and flow is clear. Apart from that, the major advantages of Scene nodes are performance, robustness and ability to literally build functionality you need such as deformers, generators, effectors  and similar which is not possible with Xpresso. Scene nodes are the new objects system with all the benefits of it. With addition of dedicated scene manager you can even build stuff without nodes. If you find Xpresso to be easy you will find a whole new ball game with Neutron 🙂

• Customer
On 4/27/2021 at 10:43 PM, Hrvoje said:

Hi folks : )

I am very happy to announce that we made major training content for S24 regarding Scene nodes and related scene manager. Currently there are 3 full training volumes, beginner, intermediate, and advanced. The system is super capable and quite mature which is shown in trainings. These are one of a kind trainings which shouldn't be missed and will remove any fear of nodes you may have. Check the details here:

https://www.core4d.com/ipb/store_test/products/

Contributors as usual have appropriate discounts. 🙂 

Will you update the course as soon as a new version of the node system is available or will you add another course to the existing ones?

6 minutes ago, Soronder said:

Will you update the course as soon as a new version of the node system is available or will you add another course to the existing ones?

Hi Soronder

I will add additional courses as new functionality is introduced. At this point I don't see this training becoming obsolete in any way. Enjoy the training and feel free to ask questions!

• Hrvoje changed the title to Core4D S24 Nodes training [Downloadable + Scene Files]

Will respond on pm here on some questions that I received which will clarify things 🙂

- Training is downloadable and contains commented scene files

- S24 is needed

- Yes, I do work for MAXON and am part of Nodes dev team

- One can follow with R23 in great extent but I would advise against it