Object twitches in the moment of attachment

Hi

It looks like you have a offset between when the constraint releases from its own position to what is taking over.  This could be the joint, null or what ever its constrained to. I will take a look at your scene and let you know what I find.

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

Just now, Rectro said:

Hi

It looks like you have a offset between when the constraint releases from its own position to what is taking over.  This could be the joint, null or what ever its constrained to.  I you can share the scene I can take a look.

Dan

Yes, please. I added the file in google disk.

I took a look and it seems its Priority issue.  Your character is bound to the mixamo rig, then the Charcter Mixamo rig is driving the Mixamo rig. Your containing the Character rigs selection target object which is causes this delay.  If you constrain to the mixamo rig hand in which its bound to there is no drop or delay.

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

7 minutes ago, Rectro said:

I took a look and it seems its Priority issue.  Your character is bound to the mixamo rig, then the Charcter Mixamo rig is driving the Mixamo rig. Your containing the Character rigs selection target object which is causes this delay.  If you constrain to the mixamo rig hand in which its bound to there is no drop or delay.

Dan

Thank you! Maybe you know some easy technic (tutorial) of rigging the character the best way without mixamo?

Many of the newer features came more recently to aid in that process like the character definition. Mixamo is a good solution, and with the Mixamo character tool that helps a good deal.  Rigging is certainly a avenue, but its very technical and to make one like the Mixamo character tool would take quite some time.

The thing to remember is to make good use of nulls rather than constraint direct to joints, you can position the null without moving the joint.  Assign objects to nulls. I could make such a tutorial where I cover most stuff, but it does get complex at times like using 3 rigs to blend between IK-FK,  Priorities is the one that will catch you out and if you fail to deal with them as you go you got a lot of reverse engineering to do on your rig to find these issues.  Along the way you come across certain challenges and you got to find solutions as you go.  Video tutorials dont show the reality of the actual jop at hand, its never as a streamline as its shown, the tutors go through the headache of making things streamlined which is good to get the video time down, but not a accurate assessment of how easy it is.

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:32 PM, Rectro said:

Many of the newer features came more recently to aid in that process like the character definition. Mixamo is a good solution, and with the Mixamo character tool that helps a good deal.  Rigging is certainly a avenue, but its very technical and to make one like the Mixamo character tool would take quite some time.

The thing to remember is to make good use of nulls rather than constraint direct to joints, you can position the null without moving the joint.  Assign objects to nulls. I could make such a tutorial where I cover most stuff, but it does get complex at times like using 3 rigs to blend between IK-FK,  Priorities is the one that will catch you out and if you fail to deal with them as you go you got a lot of reverse engineering to do on your rig to find these issues.  Along the way you come across certain challenges and you got to find solutions as you go.  Video tutorials dont show the reality of the actual jop at hand, its never as a streamline as its shown, the tutors go through the headache of making things streamlined which is good to get the video time down, but not a accurate assessment of how easy it is.

Dan

It would be great! Didn't understand the feature with nulls really. If it the way as on screen rec , it doesn't work either, because mixamo rig is in different position than my character rig.

As I do now usually is I take mixamo rigged animation and change it with character mixamo rig the way I need. But whenever I need to make parent constraint , I can't do it to mixamo rig anymore and it bring this object jumping issues.

Снимок экрана (217).png

At  this time unfortunately I don't have access to anything above R20 so I cant do tests on that feature.  I have seen constraints done in Maya time and time again and it just works.  I don't know how Maya deals with priorities but most such lags in C4D are down to that. If you look in the user guide help under priorities it gives a comprehensive run down on this.

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

4 minutes ago, Rectro said:

At  this time unfortunately I don't have access to anything above R20 so I cant do tests on that feature.  I have seen constraints done in Maya time and time again and it just works.  I don't know how Maya deals with priorities but most such lags in C4D are down to that. If you look in the user guide help under priorities it gives a comprehensive run down on this.

Dan

Thank you! I will.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community