Hi

Its not that the Advanced render cant do it to a good standard, its the time it takes.  Videos like that  would look best with GI, but you can fake GI, depends on the look your after.  Reflections, and refraction will bring the render time down even more, especial soft reflections.  I would recommend either Octane or Redshift as they both are very fast but need good graphics cards.  If you use a render farm with Advanced renderer you could do it.

There are plenty of scene examples in your content browser, load them and see how long a single frame takes.  I expect to render a frame as your example in about 35 seconds with Redshift, so if your seeing 12 min or longer per frame for an animation you could be there a few days..

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

As long as the render times aren't crazy insane, I've got a bit of horsepower for renders. We've got 2 new Mac Pros with 12 cores each and AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB graphics cards and we just added 4 new mac minis with the M1 chips which have 8 cores each.

Did you have a scene in mind?  I'm still trying to navigate the new asset browser and the lighting setups I've found so far haven't taught me anything new.

Maybe worth trying to replicate the scenes you have shown as reference? I put a quick scene together, very basic, but chucked reflection, refraction, blury reflections, plus RS post effects, camera bokeh FX, and Optics denoiser at 1280 x 720 and I doing each frame in 6 sec. RTX 2080ti.

Im sure C4D has a scene with spheres in it, or was that Modo?

15m 15s  90 frames

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

@csellersNice look and feel with Physical. Of course getting it to render an animation and get it flicker-free is another step. If you don't have a high-end graphics card, I would recommend the Corona Render engine. It's CPU-based, but fast nonetheless. Plus, you can run it on pretty old computers Mac or PC and you can use Team Render to speed things up even more. Pretty cheap to get into.