Using multiple bending deformation.

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

Küp nesnesinden oluşturduğum profille, birden fazla büküm Deformer kullanarak istediğim şekilde bükmek istiyorum. Profil üzerine sırasıyla bükme deforme ediciler yerleştiriyorum. Resimdeki gibi 4 numaralı bükülme deforme ediciyi büktüğümde, 1 numaralı bükülme deforme edici bozulmaya başlıyor. Birçok yöntem denedim ama işe yaramadı. Bana yardım edersen çok sevinirim.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Untitled 1.c4d

Guest Igor

Uploading the files would be helpful. It could be that your settings within Bend deformer aren't correct. But I can only guess without the file.

Please correct your profile so you are not giving incorrect information to the people you are asking to help you !

Stacking bend deformers like this is possible, but not usually recommended, because it often leads to confusion and problems exactly like this !

The OM order and direction / limiting of bends are all crucially important in this sort of setup, and if just one of those settings is wrong, you'll get this kind of result... like Igor says, we need the file to be able to tell where the error is...

CBR

43 minutes ago, Igor said:

Uploading the files would be helpful. It could be that your settings within Bend deformer aren't correct. But I can only guess without the file.

IGOR, thank you for your answer. I uploaded the project file.

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Please correct your profile so you are not giving incorrect information to the people you are asking to help you !

Stacking bend deformers like this is possible, but not usually recommended, because it often leads to confusion and problems exactly like this !

The OM order and direction / limiting of bends are all crucially important in this sort of setup, and if just one of those settings is wrong, you'll get this kind of result... like Igor says, we need the file to be able to tell where the error is...

CBR

CERBERA, thank you for your answer. I uploaded the project file.

No, that plan is not going to work in this context, because when the shape turns back on itself under the influence of previous deformers the mesh re-enters a zone already affected by a deformer. You need to say what your final goal is so we can suggest alternatives, but your current plan is gonna be a fail, and I can't see a way to circumvent that...

CBR

On 5/8/2021 at 1:41 AM, Cerbera said:

No, that plan is not going to work in this context, because when the shape turns back on itself under the influence of previous deformers the mesh re-enters a zone already affected by a deformer. You need to say what your final goal is so we can suggest alternatives, but your current plan is gonna be a fail, and I can't see a way to circumvent that...

CBR

Thanks for your comment Cerbera. As you said, there seems to be a limit to using more than one bend deformation. As far as I understand, such a thing does not happen with bend deformation. I want to make pipes that are twisted together like in the picture. I think such a thing can happen by using spline and sweep. I wanted you to know I'm a little newbie.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Solution

Yes, often the first plan that occurs to us is not necessarily the best one, but it's all part of the learning process 🙂

And indeed, the more experienced of us might look at your reference above, and know that splines in sweeps are the way to go here !

image.thumb.png.cff36aac5cc31cf6dabb633ed8630d47.png

So here I am starting with completely straight section splines (no chamfered corners, which leads to intersection) in a sweep with an N-side (so we can better control the amount of radial loops we get that we could if this was a circle profile), and we get the rounded corners by adding a correction deformer, selecting them, writing that to a tag (set selection), moving that tag back to the sweep object, and then using it in the selection field of a bevel deformer set to chamfer mode.

CBR

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 6:11 PM, Cerbera said:

So here I am starting with completely straight section splines (no chamfered corners, which leads to intersection) in a sweep with an N-side (so we can better control the amount of radial loops we get that we could if this was a circle profile), and we get the rounded corners by adding a correction deformer, selecting them, writing that to a tag (set selection), moving that tag back to the sweep object, and then using it in the selection field of a bevel deformer set to chamfer mode.

CBR

Cerbera; The illustrated example you showed and the explanation you made was good. Thank you for your concern.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community