Hello from a Cephalopod.

It has not been long since I delved into Cinema 4D. I started to self teach since January this year and have loved every moment of it. The days I would spend writing and doing photography have been replaced for the most part by C4D. I like to think that it encompasses all the things I love about art, although Ive by no means abandoned my other endeavors.

My goal is to create a feature length film without any help. It may be overly ambitious but I expect the journey to achieve that goal will be just as fulfilling. Shoot for the moon. if you miss you will land among the stars :]

Herse a snapshot of where I am so far. 

Portfolio Backdrop.jpg

Product photography_0026.jpg

Hello, and welcome.  All that you have learnt with photography will come into play, especially if you have a good understanding for vocal length, ISO, lighting, and framing a good shot.

Producing a feature length without any help is a tall order depending on what is is, and how technical it is, but I like your ambition.

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

Thank you all this seems like a very welcoming community. What I want more than anything is to do this full time, but right now I feel like I'm hampered by my outdated GPU (gtx 970) and not having a render engine 😕

10 hours ago, Squuid said:

Thank you all this seems like a very welcoming community. What I want more than anything is to do this full time, but right now I feel like I'm hampered by my outdated GPU (gtx 970) and not having a render engine 😕

Tell us the specs for you current workstation and I am sure we will help you upgrade your current system to make it more productive. I always find reading CG Director helps a lot for this sort of stuff: https://www.cgdirector.com/

BTW making a feature length film will take you a long time on your own. I made a four minute short about then years ago and it took me months...

On 5/18/2021 at 7:22 AM, GazzaMataz said:

Tell us the specs for you current workstation and I am sure we will help you upgrade your current system to make it more productive. I always find reading CG Director helps a lot for this sort of stuff: https://www.cgdirector.com/

BTW making a feature length film will take you a long time on your own. I made a four minute short about then years ago and it took me months...

Motherboard: B450M DS3H V2
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 ( 5 years old ) 

931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (7200 RPM)
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB10C (7200 RPM) 

My main problem is that I'm a student so I cant afford dropping $500 on a new gpu or render engine, I can barely pay for my own groceries 

Well looking at your specs if you want to use something like Redshift or Octane (you'll probably be better off with Red since it can be subscribed to with C4D) you will need either one very expensive GPU like the RTX 3000 series (if you can get one) or two cheaper RTX 2000 series ones, but on your budget that like like a no. You can always buy a couple of used GPUs like I did on eBay, or maybe you could always get a new system and pay for it in installments?

Failing that just use what you have to learn what you can and when in a better position get a better system, it will be a fun journey for you 🙂

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community