Whistle for Me - Short horror animation

Based on the story "Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You My Lad" by H.R. James. I started this while ago and just have not have the spirit, time or energy to get very far with it. Now the script is written - I've really boiled the story down to the bare bones and these are the first 3 storyboards to make me think I've made progress. So much more to do, there will be an ancient shipwreck washed up to shore, a small hut/house at the edge of the beach and I hope some interesting effects for me to try. I want to make the main, and only character, into a woman and like my last film there will be no spoken dialogue... but there will be written dialogue. 

clip 01_0001.jpg

clip 02_0049.jpg

clip 03_0049.jpg

Edited by CApruzzese
wrong third image (see edit history)
Guest Igor

Good luck with the new project, and keep the spirits high as much as you can. Everyone have those days sometimes, so keep trying.:cowboypistol:

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Good luck with the new project, and keep the spirits high as much as you can. Everyone have those days sometimes, so keep trying.:cowboypistol:

Thanks Igor

I think everyone is having these days all the time lately! Getting this started has lifted my mood a bit!  Once I really get into this it will be VERY distracting.

• 1 month later...

One more panel of progress. I have to design a shock or small home on the shoreline and I'm not getting a clear idea of what that should be. I do think this ancient  boat washed ashore after the storm  will work at least. I am LONG from getting this to animation stage.  :(

clip 05_0049.jpg

Guest Igor

Well try doing some sketches first to see if you can get different ideas. Then just block out the scene you sketched and go from there. If you share a story with us, maybe we could pitch few ideas for you. 🙂

6 hours ago, Igor said:

Well try doing some sketches first to see if you can get different ideas. Then just block out the scene you sketched and go from there. If you share a story with us, maybe we could pitch few ideas for you. 🙂

I just don’t have time to sketch it out or a moment of peace and quiet to work things out. I have a solid idea of how it will play out, I just need to get to working it out on paper and in c4d!  Once I make the character I am looking forward to using the character object for rigging as I haven’t used it in a long while. 

9 minutes ago, Igor said:

Sounds good, at least you have a plan. 😊

Everyone works differently I know but I actually visualize the entire project from start to finish in my head, then write it out before starting to make assets and then figure out the more technical stuff like simulations of complicated shots. Most of the time I don't even need storyboards as it just lives in my head until I get it out. I don't recommend working this way, mind you, but since it's only me on these projects I don't annoy anyone else with my weird process! 🤪

• 1 month later...

I think starting next week I can finally get back into this project. I should have some peace and quit a couple times a week again to get my head around what I need to do. I have been thinking on it so I'm excited to get some progress soon. I also just upgraded my 6 core i5 iMac to a 10 core i9 with a much nicer 16 gig graphics card. From the tests I did, I now have the power to a a lot more quicker and not have to be so polygon stingy! The simulations tests I did were really impressive as well so I can handle more complicated stuff - very exciting! 

Radeon Pro 5700 XT with 16GB of GDDR6 memory, that was best they offered for the iMac, I a, amazed at the difference the combo of the i9, the card and having a ssd drive made. I would say this is the largest difference in speed I have ever had when I bought a new machine. I have been drawing a lot these days and I a, thinking of a much more stylized world for this project. Like painting the trees by hand and some of the scenery to give it a more painterly look. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community