Whistle for Me - Short horror animation

Pushing ahead and making improvements, no small thanks to Igor's suggestions. Adding some sea grass.. I am not sure what it is called but it's a real thing along rocky shorelines, was what I needed to add more "something" to the space around the lighthouse. I added the sky texture to the environment tab on the water textures to reflect on the water better and it improves it. 

lighthouse test_08.jpg

lighthouse test_07.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

Going super slow for me, frustrating but it is  advancing so that is good! I have been very distracting by drawing projects lately. 

Baby steps are fine to. As long as you enjoying the process. ☺️

• 2 months later...

Been a long time since I did anything on this. I have had to put a lot on hold to take care of issues with my elderly parents, including having to travel and stay there - so no possibility to work on this animation. To make things worse, my beach scene will not open anymore! Both versions and all the back up files crash my version of C4D. None of the other files, like the house crash it. Do I start over again from scratch in C4D? Use this as an excuse to redo it in Blender and see how I do with that? I have a very strong idea on what I want this to be so I don't see my abandonning it just yet. And to think I thought this would be done before Christmas last year! 

More progress. Much faster this time around. It takes about 10 seconds to render the scene at this distance even with all the added details.I still need to add fallen bricks and debris from the lighthouse. I made the rock wall behind the beach much more intimidating since I want a feeling of isolation.  The wreck might work out OK, haven't decided yet. I have yet to make the one character, a woman I want to have sort of a 30s or 40s adventurer air about her. 

Beach set 03_test02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some more progress. I used "Make Human" for the character design to save some time and get this going. I have used it before and while it has some things I don't love, overall it gets a character done when I don't have time, skill or proper vision. It takes some creative rigging to get it all working but the weighting is usually flawless even on the fingers so I set it up made some modifications and here it is. I can actually start animating soon! 

woaman 03.jpg

The first 40 seconds, more or less. Feels good to get something done! I have gone through several versions of the beach, partly because the original files got corrupted and had to be remade and mostly because I was feeling out how much detail and movement my admiringly faster iMac could handle  without renders going over 2 minutes a frame. So far 25 seconds has been the max. I had a more cartoon looking ocean with surf but it made it impossible to move around the scene smoothly so I went with an "old fashioned" C4D water texture instead. I used several video layers for colour toning and effects in Apple's Motion software which I like for 3D. I did cheat and went into an old copy of after effects to make the lightning. I could have done in Motion but AE has a generator just for that so I took advantage. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on the inside of the little stone house where most of the rest of the animation will take place. I had to make some new props and I have to work out the final effect for the conclusion that involves a cloth simulation. I did a quick test and I seem to be on the right path for that.  The stuff outside the window is just a render of that part of the set on a plane to avoid needless render time. 

shot 14.jpg

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community