Igor's Sketchbook

Guest Igor

Ok guys, as my journey with Houdini continues. After two months I am finally starting to understand the logic behind it.  As I am doing some exercises for modeling at the moment and rendering I decided to create a Sketchbook too and at least share where I am at the moment even tho most of you will not care. 😄 Still at least it gives me a bit more motivation as I am sure some will have question as it is Houdini. While basic modeling is done, now is time to do more detailed stuff, UVs and texturing which I plan to do all inside Houdini without using 3rd party stuff just to test where I can push this thing. Looking at gazillion tutorials, I know I can push it pretty far. And yes Jay, its all quads and its a hybrid between direct modeling and procedural modeling, which means I can go upstream of the network and make significant changes without braking anything! :cowboypistol:

hammer_04.mantra_ipr.0001.jpg

mjolnir.png

4 hours ago, Vozzz said:

cool! would love to see the upstream variation options. How much it maintains functionality. 

Thanks Vozzz, I'll record a video tomorrow to show you how I did it. 

4 minutes ago, EAlexander said:

WOW!  Looks so cool - nice model too.  Can't wait to see lightning flying off of it 🙂

Hehe, thank you, that crossed my mind to be honest. Modeling the lightning would not be a problem, but I would probably struggle with how to render it. I still suck there. 😊

Mjolner and Houdini have found you "worthy"

Really great accomplishment.  I mean that is not a trivial object to model in any application for a newbie...especially Houdini.  So I am definitely impressed.

Congratulations! 

You have crossed the Rubicon between C4D and Houdini and are now safely on the other side! Maxon and C4D will soon be just distant memories.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

8 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Mjolner and Houdini have found you "worthy"

Really great accomplishment.  I mean that is not a trivial object to model in any application for a newbie...especially Houdini.  So I am definitely impressed.

Congratulations! 

You have crossed the Rubicon between C4D and Houdini and are now safely on the other side! Maxon and C4D will soon be just distant memories.

Dave

Thank you Dave for such a nice comment, I really appreciate it. Makes me even more motivated. :cowboypistol:

A small screen shot update as I did a lot of changes and made a lot of performance improvements and also model improvement like you can see on the symbols.

Next is to properly UV this thing and paint in the Substance Painter and then render out properly.

image.png

I knew Substance Painter can do justice with painting, but little did I knew it can do the same with rendering. Was playing around with its rendering and this is what I got for today, not to bad ey. :cowboypistol:

mjolnir_test_sp_render.jpg

• Guest changed the title to Igor's Sketchbook