C4D: Filling a Volume With 'Spaghetti'

pfistar
Go to solution Solved by MODODO,

20 hours ago, NWoolridge said:

It's worth noting that this approach creates a single long spline. You can simulate multiple segments by adding a material with a multi-colour step-type gradient in the V direction.

Thanks @NWoolridgefor making those amendments. Color-coding is definitely called for in this case, and yours is a useful tip.

I appreciate your feedback!

NpF

20 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Yes I too am very much enjoying and learning a lot from this one ! 🙂 Mododo's approach is some seriously 'out-of-the'box' thinking ! It's taken me  a little while to wrap my head round exactly what was going on there !

CBR

@Cerbera My thoughts exactly! I'm certain I would have never arrived at that solution by myself - in fact I was unaware that you could affect the Matrix's falloff so definitively using a mesh object. When replicating the setup for myself, it also occured to me how much the 'meandering' effect of the Matrix's points are dependent on not one, but really four factors, (and these factors are somewhat interdependent):

1. the Tracer object's spline interpolation settings (Matrix object creates a point for wherever you'd have one along a spline so if you're not careful you can blow up your scene)

2. the Matrix object's Step setting, or how far apart you set your initial points are from each other

3. the Push Apart effector's Radius and Iterations settings (if radius is set too low for your initial point distance, the Matrix eats itself, meaning the points will decrease until there's one left)

4. Shape/size of Falloff geometry object is critical too, because its perimeter redirects the points inward so increases the density of spaghetti on frames that come after the perimeter is hit.

Overall, a very cool effect/technique that requires no physics sim.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, this solution is super amazing and works pretty well.
Well done MODODO!
A small question… I have been trying for a while to modify the shape by a polygonal shape without succeeding… Could someone explain to me how to modify this parameter? is it in the "Push Apart"?
Thank you in advance

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community