Can you copy multiple polygons while projecting onto a surface?

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

Hopefully this makes sense, an example would be like if you had a sphere you were using to draw on w/reproject result (polygon pen) , and you drew a half circle of polygons over the surface via projecting on the object w/polygon pen tool… and then instead of doing that 14 more times to cover the whole sphere, is it possible to extrude multiple edges around the sphere while still projecting onto the sphere? currently all i understand is that if you extrude, it wont conform to the sphere. I feel like thier must be a way to do this in cinema but i could be wrong. THank you! ! !

P.S Or is their an alternate way to do this to accomplish the same result other than just drawing and connecting all the polygons 🙂

• Solution

Please complete your profile so we know basic information like which version of the software you are working with. 

Generally speaking the best method for constant reprojection is not that option in the Poly Pen, because the reprojection option only works in tweak mode after an extrusion, not constantly, and of course the poly pen cannot move multiple edges in one go.

However, Shrinkwrap deformer applied to the target model, and referencing the object you are trying to retopo will do what you are looking for, but not in a very efficient way for modelling. To counter this, there is the HB Modelling bundle (which everyone remotely serious about modelling should own) which is a set of scripts that turn this into a wonderful tool that works exactly as you'd hope. It uses the shrinkwrap setup, but crucially provides a number of scripts for setting the retopo up, and reprojecting to order, while the deformer remains off for the purposes of speedy modelling.

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community