R25 Expectations

Guest Igor

17 hours ago, Unstable said:

I hope Maxon never buys Insydium. Insydium has always offered it's customers a decent price for what they provide. And to top that off, they usually have a 30% off sale in the spring and a 50% off on Black Friday. When has Maxon EVER offered a discount? Insydium is doing just fine on their own and I hope they stay that way. 

Insydium is doing fine as long as C4D doesn't go down the shitter. I can't imagine they enjoy being in this position. It's like having one client that covers all your revenue but you're screwed if he switches to a different artist.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

15 hours ago, zeden said:

What I miss the most from Maxon are the big fresh ideas like they had back in the days with Bodypaint and Mograph. Both feature sets were really unique in the 3D world when released. But for a decade now Maxon is just playing catch up with other software concepts.

I don't care for blender overall but damn they found a way to make modeling extremely efficient.   If Maxon is playing catch up, I'd love to see where.   Many tools are like 1.0 versions compared to competitors.

Having been a Maya user on the inside for quite a few years, the same complaints are being waged on their forums too.    I feel the bigger the company gets the more the shareholders, bean counters, thick layers of management get involved and it purposely slows progress down.    This is why some really good members of their team have left over the years.    

"We have over 100 feature requests by the community" - developer.   "Pick two" - management.

2 hours ago, Jops said:

My impression is, that the commercial 3D software packages like C4D, Maya, 3DS really have a small time window to adept to not get chrushed between blender and the game engines.

Couldn’t have said it better. 

6 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Insydium is doing fine as long as C4D doesn't go down the shitter. I can't imagine they enjoy being in this position. It's like having one client that covers all your revenue but you're screwed if he switches to a different artist.

Nothing lasts forever so Insydium really should NOT tie themselves permanently to Maxon.  Look at a difference 10 years can make in this industry.  Look at Lightwave.  Look at 3D Studio Max.  They were once the software to own and envied by everyone.  Now everyone just groans at the mere mention of their name ("Is Max still loading?"  Groooooan!!!  Will we ever get a Lightwave update?  Groooann!!!) ,

You also now have Blender disrupting every market.   Hobbyist's are looking at it as an alternative to every subscription plan out there.   Professionals are also looking at it because the program's developers are still innovating and there is very little that Blender can't do. So no market is 100% safe when you have a very capable, rapidly developing and rapidly improving piece of software out there that is completely free....and Redshift is being ported over to it so even Maxon feels the heat Blender creates.  Free is great after all and something people think about should they start questioning why are they renting software that no longer is keeping up with their needs.

That is why I really hope Insydium has 4 things pinned to their development board for X-Particles:

1. Tighter integration with Redshift (on par with the level of  integration they had with Cycles 4D)
  2. GPU Acceleration
  3. Port over to Blender (though they are a bit too high priced for the average Blender user)
  4. Stand alone version

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

2 hours ago, Jops said:

I don't like the business attitude of the new maxon. they are feature wise just not in the position to force their customers. They instead should try to produce good will.  They also should give it away for free to anybody who wants to learn without the need to be student and the size of the university and all this. That is the only way to stay relevant. The situation has changed in the last two years. I see huge industry companies that switch to blender and they expect their agencies to build up blender know how.

Perfectly said.   This should be printed out in big bold type, framed and then placed in every Maxon conference room as one big %$&*#@  WAKE UP CALL!

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

52 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Nothing lasts forever so Insydium really should NOT tie themselves permanently to Maxon.  Look at a difference 10 years can make in this industry.  Look at Lightwave.  Look at 3D Studio Max.  They were once the software to own and envied by everyone.  Now everyone just groans at the mere mention of their name ("Is Max still loading?"  Groooooan!!!  Will we ever get a Lightwave update?  Groooann!!!) ,

You also now have Blender disrupting every market.   Hobbyist's are looking at it as an alternative to every subscription plan out there.   Professionals are also looking at it because the program's developers are still innovating and there is very little that Blender can't do. So no market is 100% safe when you have a very capable, rapidly developing and rapidly improving piece of software out there that is completely free....and Redshift is being ported over to it so even Maxon feels the heat Blender creates.  Free is great after all and something people think about should they start questioning why are they renting software that no longer is keeping up with their needs.

That is why I really hope Insydium has 4 things pinned to their development board for X-Particles:

1. Tighter integration with Redshift (on par with the level of  integration they had with Cycles 4D)
  2. GPU Acceleration
  3. Port over to Blender (though they are a bit too high priced for the average Blender user)
  4. Stand alone version

Dave

I hope they don't try to port.  That takes away from primary development of their product which has hooks in C4D.    Autodesk did that with Bifrost and it took years just to get out of beta because they made it standalone and then tried porting part of it to Max.    Insydium doesn't have that large of a development team nor available funds.

I think many studios are looking at Blender since it is free and when you have quite a few staff and other overheads, loads of subscriptions can add up and in this day and age clients are getting thriftier and thriftier…

17 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Perfectly said.   This should be printed out in big bold type, framed and then placed in every Maxon conference room as one big %$&*#@  WAKE UP CALL!

Dave

You beat me to saying the exact same thing. Maxon will be DEAD if they don't get a clue.

16 hours ago, GazzaMataz said:

I think many studios are looking at Blender since it is free and when you have quite a few staff and other overheads, loads of subscriptions can add up and in this day and age clients are getting thriftier and thriftier…

It's free but that alone wouldn't explain the industry shift.

Blender is very good software.

Sorry I should have said Blender is free and very good software 🙂 I actually think it kind of parodies the in-house software that Pixar and Dreamworks (?) use Caricature and Marionette - although that was probably more just for character work…

Thing is: C4D is still the coolest 3D app out there. The whole thing is just fun to work with. Until you hit an area which is simply not there. Or 12 years old. Like hair, sim tools, BP, fluids, liquids, rendering....it would be so awesome if Insydium was a Maxon company 😆

4 minutes ago, zeden said:

Thing is: C4D is still the coolest 3D app out there. The whole thing is just fun to work with. Until you hit an area which is simply not there. Or 12 years old. Like hair, sim tools, BP, fluids, liquids, rendering....it would be so awesome if Insydium was a Maxon company 😆

Other way around, it would be awesome if Maxon was an Insydium company. Those guys are great with fair prices, tons of openness about their products and their stuff is generally really well made.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community