R25 Expectations

Guest Igor

soOoo... today's the day, hm? I can't help it, despite all and everything, I'm still excited for C4D-news 🙂

I hope, Redshift RT is going to be announced; and some real-life goodness coming from the new scene-node-architecture. Performaaance! Rawrrr! 😄

3 hours ago, keppn said:

soOoo... today's the day, hm? I can't help it, despite all and everything, I'm still excited for C4D-news 🙂

I hope, Redshift RT is going to be announced; and some real-life goodness coming from the new scene-node-architecture. Performaaance! Rawrrr! 😄

I am also excited. I subscribed for one year. During this time I will observe how C4D compares to the competition. I am optimistic. As long as Maxon avoids something like the reflectance channel (GUI catastrophe) during the transition to the node system everything will be fine. They should follow the same approach like they did with the uber material and the node system. I am exited for a fast and and powerful new C4D but the transition period should be over with R25.

Redshift RT is very exciting.  So glad I updated my maintenance to 2023 last August as by then, pretty sure that Redshift RT for Blender will be available as  well (that will be a nice permanent license to have).

Okay....now I need to look into getting a more worthy GPU.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Customer
37 minutes ago, Cairyn said:

what, Redshift for Blender will be a permanent license?

Source?

I think he means if it's released while active maintenance it'd be for a permanent license.

23 minutes ago, hobbyist said:

I think he means if it's released while active maintenance it'd be for a permanent license.

That is correct.  My maintenance plan was extended prior to the 8/30/21 deadline until 6/2023.  All releases of Redshift prior to that date will be permanent licenses and available for all apps -- not just C4D.  So I am pretty confident that prior to 6/2023, Redshift RT for Blender should be available -- thereby knocking down (IHMO) a significant barrier to Blender and that being that the Cycles render engine is not known for its speed.  Cycles is a good render engine, but Redshift is just so much better.

Learn more about Redshift for Blender with this tutorial

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

2 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Redshift RT is very exciting.  So glad I updated my maintenance to 2023 last August as by then, pretty sure that Redshift RT for Blender will be available as  well (that will be a nice permanent license to have).

Okay....now I need to look into getting a more worthy GPU.

Dave

But they really need to implement some basic stuff... like, Light-linking to be really usable in Blender 😞
So far, only Octane has it, but it is super clumky to set it up.

CyclesX will allegedly be a good deal faster than Cycles (although as with all alpha versions, I'd wait for the final version before looking at comparisons) and have light linking too. But of course if you have a Redshift license that covers a Blender version too and is permanent, it's clearly worth a look.

As far as expectations, I gotta admit it is pretty low.. 
But would love to be proved wrong in this. 
Hopefully no new gimmick implementation (i.e.. magic bullet on viewport..) , but an actual improvement on the core software
Specially when it comes to timeline and animation in general, allowing more than 2 characters to be animated at the same time, etc..
That would be a dream!  

Or an updated bodypaint? Symmetry? 
There is so many things I would've loved to have on C4D.

Just now, Cairyn said:

CyclesX will allegedly be a good deal faster than Cycles (although as with all alpha versions, I'd wait for the final version before looking at comparisons) and have light linking too. But of course if you have a Redshift license that covers a Blender version too and is permanent, it's clearly worth a look.

Cycles X will have light linking? 
I've been searching for this information for ages now, and nothing has stated this 😮
Where can I find it? 

Because for me, light linking it is the must have feature for me to start considering Blender a production ready software.

2 minutes ago, FLima said:

Cycles X will have light linking? 
I've been searching for this information for ages now, and nothing has stated this 😮
Where can I find it? 

Someone said so in a YouTube video on a CyclesX / Cycles comparison (which I watched because darn I cannot even keep to my own advice). But now that you doubt it, I looked at the actual Blender development log https://developer.blender.org/T68915 , and it looks as if it's not on the menu for now. Damn, that is a disappointment, I'm going to need that too...

...hope that is not a bad omen for the rest of the day!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community