R25 Expectations

Guest Igor

Guest Igor

So folks, as every year at some point we start discussing next release. Seems like a good time to slowly do the same for R25. So what are your expectations, what would you like to see next and so on?:cowboypistol:

Wishes

• Indie license
  • Uhm, maybe S&T update? I know, unlikely, but as with some other cool things in cinema, this was top notch when it came out but saw no updates within a decade. Just saw the Toon stuff in Renderman 24 and this reminded me how cool S&T was already back in the day
  • USD / Hydra? Would make sense...
  • a non-destructive, adaptive remesher

Expectations

• Geometry nodes update
  • Some volume/fields stuff
  • More UV stuff

I don't believe, that there are gone be any mayor maxon developed features before the Node core and object manager are done.

Will it be ready this version? I don't know, But I think that there is a fair chance that not.

Will they integrate redshift into the package? I am quite shure that they don't want to, because they would either loose money or had to rise the price.

Well they could come up with a Indie license. But that nearly for shure would mean to raise the price of the normal license to at least the double, but I don't think that price rises are smart right now

Thy could be bold and  give a version away for free that is complete, but striped of all plugin support, just renders up to full HD. And has no netrender support, only .stl as a export option and saves a .fc4d format, that can only be opened in a comercial version that is upgraded from the free license that saved the file.

That would be a real competition to blender and still be to limited for most professional work.

We are living in interesting times and I am looking forward to seeing what they will do.

But I really think they are not that bold and they will just try to survive the time they need to get the core done.

My bet is:

- a improved version of the node and object manager tech demo

- Some minor features that are mainly bought or plugin inspired or open standards integrated.

- Some old features removed (as they did in the last versions)

- some workflow tweaks

- somehow small improvements of existing features

best regards

Jops

Well, I don't have much expectations, and am not really looking forward to R25, as I am happy with using my R20.

But if they provide an Indie/Hobbyist license -without too much stripped down features- I might be tempted to reconsider and upgrade.

Guest Igor
4 minutes ago, hikarubr said:

Xpresso update

I am interested why would you need this when there are now scene Nodes, just curious? 

44 minutes ago, hikarubr said:

I was told that nodes will eventually replace Xpresso but not any time soon, that this will take time

Neutron or Scene nodes, are vastly superior to Xpresso in all aspects as of right now.  If you use Xpresso a lot in your projects, then you will love the scene nodes and will never look back once you realize how powerful they are : )

9 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

Neutron or Scene nodes, are vastly superior to Xpresso in all aspects as of right now.  If you use Xpresso a lot in your projects, then you will love the scene nodes and will never look back once you realize how powerful they are : )

But how? I don’t see anyone using scene nodes in their projects. People are using Xpresso right now, not scene nodes.

Just give us an xpresso update, instead of making people wait another 15 years for scene nodes to be completed. Quit stringing people along with this “new core” marketing fluff.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community