R25 Expectations

Guest Igor

5 minutes ago, jackTheStorm said:

ok, with any ignoring of scene nodes from users, maxon simply will drop scene nodes as prorender and etc. for nextgen versions - lack of interest

Not gonna happen mate. It will replace old object system and once that mature enough you will start too see logic behind all the changes which are at this point necessary as you cant do much with the old system especially when compared to Houdini. 

4 hours ago, Cairyn said:

(is it possible to switch off the merging of posts? This is irritating if one responds to totally different people about totally different trains of thought...)

Yes it is. Posts will merge if you make a posts in 5min range simpy to avoid spamming of posts. Thats why you have tagging and quoting enabled. :cowboypistol:

from my side, maxon has bad project manager for core/general of c4d. Maybe she/he is not designer in past. Simply marketing manager, with bad understang of agile

5 minutes ago, Igor said:

Not gonna happen mate. It will replace old object system and once that mature enough you will start too see logic behind all the changes which are at this point necessary as you cant do much with the old system especially when compared to Houdini. 

🙂 I do not want to use reference model as Hou. That's why i wrote about hybrids.

@filipstamate i think people from maxon were trying to say is that in the future, scene nodes WILL have all the functionality xpresso has, and therefor chose to not put any more effort into xpresso. to me it makes sense, and i can totally see how scene nodes can make xpresso obsolete, but the question just is "how long will it take to get there?". and i'm saying that as someone who uses xpresso heavily on a daily basis.

12 hours ago, filipstamate said:

And what about user data for example? I see no way of using that with nodes. A big part of Xpresso is how you can create user data to control paramaters of objects, deformers and pretty much everything in the scene. No such thing with nodes.

Nodes are just not a replacement for Xpresso, and no, you can't just move to nodes. It's not about nodes being "new". It's about basic functionality.

The concept of User Data is inherent to all of Scene Nodes. Every group and every asset can be extended by adding own Controls. You can create pure control objects as well that do nothing else but wire their user defined inputs to various scene nodes.

5 hours ago, filipstamate said:

Sure, if you need something that Scene Nodes offer, like creating geometry, but otherwise is just jumping through hoops to reproduce Xpresso functionality into Scene Nodes and use Xpresso when you can't

Can you please provide an example of what Xpresso can do and that you can't do with scene nodes? thanks

9 hours ago, jackTheStorm said:

I'm seeing that S.Rath is ignoring Scene Nodes and we still have not Python node

Sebastian no longer works for Maxon. After an incredible 11 years he is now off on his own creating a very cool artist friendly version control system called Snowtrack. Worth checking out.

https://snowtrack.io

2 hours ago, kbar said:

Sebastian no longer works for Maxon. After an incredible 11 years he is now off on his own creating a very cool artist friendly version control system called Snowtrack. Worth checking out.

Hello Kent. Thank you for INFO

Yes, that's reason named which stops me to write about hybrid XPR and Neutron, no more words. XPRESSO was child of S.Rath as remember.

Let's transfer to Scene Nodes.

19 minutes ago, jackTheStorm said:

XPRESSO was child of S.Rath as remember.

No he did not create XPRESSO.  Sebastian was the one who brought Python to Cinema 4D, among many other things.

14 minutes ago, kbar said:

No he did not create XPRESSO.  Sebastian was the one who brought Python to Cinema 4D, among many other things.

I remember Xpresso24 portal and Xpressionist plug-in was from Rath(but not sure, memory, covid-19), then maxon had contract with Rath and made Xpresso project

6 hours ago, kbar said:

This is really cool! Thanks for mentioning this, because I have been on the lookout for a 3d/animation/design versioning tool for a while now, and although there are one or two out there those are quite expensive and not aimed at individual designers/artists.

For development I use Git / GitLab, but that just doesn't work well for visual/art projects.

Downloaded, and checking it out this upcoming week.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community