R25 Expectations

Guest Igor

Thanks for that Everfresh I will download and give that a look 🙂

My method was key the object in place, then constrain it to the hand and move the hand. Place the object in hand in a different location and key it's position then set the constraint to 0%. Usually I used to get jumps.

Anyway enough of that since I am now hogging this thread 😛

3 hours ago, GazzaMataz said:

Thanks for that Everfresh I will download and give that a look 🙂

My method was key the object in place, then constrain it to the hand and move the hand. Place the object in hand in a different location and key it's position then set the constraint to 0%. Usually I used to get jumps.

Anyway enough of that since I am now hogging this thread 😛

I use Null objects as targets in the relevant Hierarchies and use the PGW constraint to switch between these null targets. Not really elegant, but solid.

By the time R25 gets it's bugs ironed out R26 will be approaching..it is always the same..the forced marketing need to keep giving point upgrades with new gimmicks rather than building on an existing release and making it rock steady stable- which C4D once was. Since R20 it has been a case of renaming the product to Cinema 4D Not Responding.

And the crashes remind me of people getting their plugs pulled in the Matrix, R24 will often just die on you.

I would love to see some particle and fluid love since Red giant is now part of Maxon. This would make it so we don't have to rely on other expensive plugins for such. Also including Redshift as a default renderer would be very welcome since Maya comes with Arnold and Blender has Cycles.

I would also welcome an Indie license and that they keep the perpetual license and make a yearly upgrade or Matainance option available for a reasonable price. c4d is just too expensive for hobbyists or smaller freelancers. I am tempted to dedicate my time to either learning Maya indie for a paltry $280 a year or blender.

$719 a year for a c4d subscription or $983 every year for c4d and redshift is insane compared to other options. As much as I love c4d. I just can't fathom paying that to rent software. I will need to switch or keep my R21 and subscribe every year or so to use some of the newer tools like the UV tools I want. 

6 hours ago, briankoko said:

$719 a year for a c4d subscription or $983 every year for c4d and redshift is insane compared to other options. As much as I love c4d. I just can't fathom paying that to rent software. I will need to switch or keep my R21 and subscribe every year or so to use some of the newer tools like the UV tools I want. 

Hey, I feel you. Can't justify it. I luckily still have an R21 perpetual... and I gave up on waiting for an Indie license. I doubt it's ever going to come. For me it's too late. I'm learning Blender right now and thus far I don't see anything that it can't really do, compared to C4D.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

9 hours ago, briankoko said:

$719 a year for a c4d subscription or $983 every year for c4d and redshift is insane compared to other options.

Houdini = $1995 / year rent

Maya = $1700 / year rent

Max = $1700 / year rent

Modo = $750 / year rent

C4D = $719 / year rent

So by other options you mean blender?

I think most 3D artists just don't like spending any money 🙂

But on that list of prices I think you have to perhaps factor in Redshift  and X-Particles which does put the annual price up a bit…

i love c4d but yes, price for c4d is insane if you compare it to others...... 

because maya have particles fluids and render inside of it.. c4d not have this. if you want you should pay pay pay pay. lot of plugins there.

houdini. also have lot of features far beyond from c4d. for example houdini engine. fire, cloth and others. and this software uses in multiple industries...  

in other side c4d just want stays in motion graphics... not cared about painting, sclupting, modeling, baking, simulatons ....

so for c4d, if you want normal dynamics particles and other features just should pay.. maxon knows it. for this reasons subscription is  cheaper versus to others. if you ask same money for much less features... sory but no one give you that money. so they do it cheaper and tells it " affordable". but there is lot of missing important features like normal renderer.

sory but its not affordable. for paying annual subscription i take credit debit. and paying it to back as montly basis. its not cheap for normal solo person. i am always looking for extra jobs for paying c4d subs.

in this year, if maxon not does good offers forsclupting, painting, rendering (free redshift of huge  gpu update for standart-physical renderer), or industry grade modeling pipeline and tools i will give up and dont pay for next year. so than switch to blender. i am already slowly learning blender. soon comes v3.0  when it comes, lot of c4d users goes to compare it with c4d r25.  for myself, dont know  which one i will choose but i am very nearly to lost hope for c4d. and blender seems more n more bright to my eyes. love of c4d or blender brightness. who whould win? 

2 hours ago, imashination said:

Maya = $1700 / year rent

Max = $1700 / year rent

Modo = $750 / year rent

C4D = $719 / year rent

You forgot Houdini Indie, Maya Indie and there may be a Max indie at this point.

I'd love to see Maxon finally buy Insydium and fold XP directly into C4D.    I'd also love to see a universal node editor, like Maya has.   No more scene node editor and switching the "mode" to material nodes.  By doing this it may be able to open up more connections.    With that, it would be great to be able to have more than one material open at once in the editor.

2 hours ago, imashination said:

Maya = $1700 / year rent

Max = $1700 / year rent

Modo = $750 / year rent

C4D = $719 / year rent

These other options also offer indie pricing for those that make less than $100,000 a year:

Houdini = $269 / year rent

Maya = $280 / year rent

Max = $280 / year rent

Modo = $14.99 / month rent (Steam)*

It would sure be nice if Maxon offered an indie version of C4D. Not every user makes more than $100k a year…

* The only indie version of Modo I was able to find is on Steam, and it appears to be an older version, released in 2015.

I completely agree there should be a lower price point version of c4d, but I understand it is tricky to segment your product when you've just spent the last few years specifically getting rid of the lower priced version (Go, bodypaint, art, xl.. am I missing any?) Whilst the competition does have low priced indie versions, they also charge twice the price for a full commercial license.

Yes, redshift should be the standard c4d render engine, its starting to get a bit silly at this point still having standard/physical render as the built in choice.

xparticles. I would also love to see c4d's particle system get a massive overhaul. The standard particle tools are laughably outdated at this point and thinking particles has been virtually unusable since the day it was added. Problem is, why would insydium sell their main product to someone else? I'd be surprised if Maxon would ever offer enough to get them to hand it over let alone get them back in to continue working on it.