Cinema 4d will no longer run on my system

Go to solution Solved by adrencg,

I went on vacation and came back to find that Cinema 4d will longer run (any version) on my system. I think Windows updated while I was gone and that's the only thing I can think of to be a possible issue. I uninstalled and re-installed r24 and it still wouldn't work. The splash screen hangs and it never goes to the interface.

Can anyone think of what the problem could be? Or has anyone encountered this before? 

Guest Igor

What massage hangs on the splash screen below? Also, make sure Preference folder is deleted and make sure to update graphic driver. 

6 hours ago, bezo said:

Did you install some software on your computer?

Try reinstall/repair Microsoft Redistributables libraries...

Link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

Download and run  vc_redist.64.exe file and from opened dialog use install or repair option. 

Sometimes should help...

Thanks but that didn't fix it.

7 hours ago, Igor said:

What massage hangs on the splash screen below? Also, make sure Preference folder is deleted and make sure to update graphic driver. 

Graphics driver was the first thing I tried. 

And if I re-installed the software, why would it need prefs deleted on the first run?

I have a support ticket in at Maxon. Hopefully I can fix this without nuking my Windows install.

The fact that Softimage hangs on the start screen also is telling me it's most likely an issue to be resolved in the system. One way of resolving that is to re-install Windows.

Guest Igor
3 hours ago, adrencg said:

Splash screen says "initializing User Interface"....forever.

That problem sounds familiar and I think it has something to do with Plugins, but I am not sure. Also, it could be that Windows Security blocking you. Try disabling Real Time Protection.

image.png

For me, ZBrush is blocked if I don't turn this off.

3 hours ago, adrencg said:

And if I re-installed the software, why would it need prefs deleted on the first run?

This is in case your pref folder wasn't deleted.

• 2 weeks later...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community