fade cloners in and out

Hi, sorry for the rushed post.

I need a cloners to generly fade from four differnt colours on my map. I saw a tutorial on this where the guy.

05 Random Clone Colours - YouTube

Ok untill I got to 03:57.

Unfortunatly he is using a higher version of C4D, and I do not have this the setting he is using. There is translate space but I don't this thats working. I am now using R19 which is ancent. 

Thank you.

Best regards

Jools

grap_cloner.png

Simply apply multishader on cloner with 4 colors. Set multishader to color brightness. Now will be colored clones based on gray color of clones. Since in cloner´s transform tab has set color to white (or black or 50percent gray) you could see only color from multishader which is "equal" to gray color of clones. Added shader effector with color mode on only will "disturb" this color uniformity with added noise in custom shader shader´s tab. And with animating low/high clip and contrast parameters from white to black color you animate transition from top multishader to bottom multishader.

Using blending mode/alpha parameters of shader effector you can adjust more precise color transition...

ms.png.4798df8dc00e701638968fd1bdf97219.png

ms_scene.c4d

Thank for your reply. I see what you have done. Controlling the outline with a plane. 

I have created my map with black and white outlined image. So that image is already using the the channel. Can you have more that one channel or do this a differnt way? Thank you.

Jools

I was create "world map" 🙂 from simple higher segmented plane converted to poly and with live selection just selected islands. If you want to be precise, you could apply map as texture and select points based on texture...

Thank you for the reply. I would love to experiment more but the shapes have been approved and I don't have time to model the map as a plane target like you have done.

Even just the cloners fading in randomly would be better than the random seed option. Which I am using now. It looks kind of digtial, but a bit more clumbsey.

If there is time at the end I could try this. 

Thanks

18 hours ago, bezo said:

I was create "world map" 🙂 from simple higher segmented plane converted to poly and with live selection just selected islands. If you want to be precise, you could apply map as texture and select points based on texture...

Stupid me I could convert the mesh I made and use that to drive the cloner. lols

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community