C4d R20 is not opening at all. Wont even start a windows process.

In case you haven't already, It sounds like you may need to run a full installation from the official Cinema 4D R20 installer program, which will add extra extensions needed by the OS to run Cinema. If you can't find that, then installing even the latest Cinema demo software will also likely install the needed elements.

Thanks, i will try that now. 

I did a full C drive format and windows reinstallation last night, (along with C4d and necessary divers and few smaller programs) , didn't help with anything. 

Maxon support has no clue what is causing  this issue. The person who i am  talking was also surprised that someone else from Maxon support suggested to add c4d blocking rule. So he will now try to figure out why someone suggested it in the first place. We will see.

Edit:

Installing latest version didn't helped either. There is no way of getting R20 from maxon anymore, there is no installer on their website. 

Although R24 Trial version work fine. Maybe they purposely added some files/code to R20 to make it unusable and forcing users to upgrade ?  Installation needs internet to download some files, I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest, if that's the case. My old PC can run R20, cause I've installed it long time ago.

Update to the latest windows version, I was having problems with several programs and could not update my gpu drivers, when i accepted the Win10 update it all got sorted.

Also try removing the redshift folder from plugins. if that sorts it then you need to reinstall RS

10 hours ago, hyyde said:

I did a full C drive format and windows reinstallation last night, (along with C4d and necessary divers and few smaller programs) , didn't help with anything. 

1 hour ago, paulselhi said:

Update to the latest windows version, I was having problems with several programs and could not update my gpu drivers, when i accepted the Win10 update it all got sorted.

Also try removing the redshift folder from plugins. if that sorts it then you need to reinstall RS

removing folder from plugins unfortunately didn't fix c4d. I`ve reinstalled everything dozens of times by now. Trying to update windows now.

No surprise there - windows update made no difference. Shame, cause i was hoping that one most obvious thing i forgot to do will fix it 😄

Firewall is messing it up somehow. Rule blocking internet will allow C4D to open. But wont allow it to connect anywhere, to get updates, see the licence's etc.

Whats wrong with it !?!?! 😞

image.png

no..there are optional feature upgrades that you may have hidden and I was having the same issues as you and could not get the latest nvidia drivers to install. So I took the update to v 20H2 and then was able to not only install my gpu drivers but quite a few other issues got ironed out.

Well, i don't see any more updates available, version is 21H1, higher than yours , so im guessing i got all of them ? 

Nvidia drivers has nothing to do with this, although it is updated to the latest version, just double checked it now. 

C4d S24 (TRIAL) starts and redshift renders without any problems. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community