C4d R20 is not opening at all. Wont even start a windows process.

In terms of network communications older pre-maxon account versions of c4d would do a few things. The oldest is the serial check. c4d checks the local network to see if another copy of c4d with the same serial number was running; if so it wouldn't launch. Im sure more than a few people here have yanked out a network cable back in the day to run a slightly dodgy render node.

More recently around R15 or so was the bug report system. This would send crash data to maxon after starting c4d again from a crash. This asked for permission on a per-report basis.

After this is the telemetry reporting, just basic stats like most-used tools so they can build an idea about which tools to spend time on etc. This would popup a large window asking you to opt in or out after a fresh c4d install. It also occasionally pops up after a bad crash or after trashing your user preferences.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, MJV said:

Have you tried contacting Maxon yet? If you have a valid R20 license, I think they will help you. 

Yes, last few days I've been talking with one person from Maxon tech support, and he don't know what is causing this issue.  I also wrote on few other forums - no luck.

10 hours ago, imashination said:

In terms of network communications older pre-maxon account versions of c4d would do a few things. The oldest is the serial check. c4d checks the local network to see if another copy of c4d with the same serial number was running; if so it wouldn't launch. Im sure more than a few people here have yanked out a network cable back in the day to run a slightly dodgy render node.

More recently around R15 or so was the bug report system. This would send crash data to maxon after starting c4d again from a crash. This asked for permission on a per-report basis.

After this is the telemetry reporting, just basic stats like most-used tools so they can build an idea about which tools to spend time on etc. This would popup a large window asking you to opt in or out after a fresh c4d install. It also occasionally pops up after a bad crash or after trashing your user preferences.

Well i kind of need internet connections, so my RS licence will connect to the server and i will be able to use it. Same with x-particles. And simple C4d updates.

I'm not getting any errors, no bug reports, no windows popping up. For a second i can see C4d windows process in task manager. So its trying to start, but it instantly shut down by something.  I added g_console=ture to the shortcut, to see what's going on while its starting - nothing unusual. 

image.png.6cc5ec711aa6bdffe57c59993dfa3e78.png

10 hours ago, imashination said:

My next step would be uninstalling bonjour, apples network discovery tools. c4d doesnt need them. c4d seems to be dying just as it reaches the bonjour check.

Funny you said that, from day one with this issue, i didn't had that Bonjour, I've installed it at some point to see if that will help. With or without , makes no difference C4D wont start. I don't have anything like Apples network discovery tools installed either.

Small breakthrough: if I disable internet connection completely - C4D will start. Doesn't help me with anything, just narrowing down the issue to ethernet controller i guess.

I mean It has to be Ethernet Controller. What else ? I've already updated all the drivers, although they were almost up to date. I ve also found some info about faulty controller on z490 motherboards. Im on z590 - maybe with same issues ? But i still don't think it would "attack" only  ne single software...

I am able to start C4D Team Render Client and do full C4D update.. which is another mystery to me, how that can work and main C4D not ? 

Hi can anyone help me with this, I am really worried right now 😞

I changed my processor(intel) and motherboard that leads to license change/lost and in my new processor (amd), I am only getting trial version 😞

How I can change my trial version to commercial license and add my old license to new one?

Please help 😞

I asked same to maxon support and as it’s weekend, it made me more restless 😞

I have not used S24 licences yet so I wont be able to help, but i would suggest reinstall C4D that will let you add the licence again, i guess.

But also to try in a new topic, this one wasn't about licence's issue. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community