Creating Assets in Cinema 4D based off Ian Hubert's techniques

Big fan of ian hubert's modelling techniques as they are extremely time efficient and effective. I tried following his tutorials inside of Cinema and got a bit stuck at some key points.

These are the two videos I'm referring to, which are inside blender

So I'm trying to use the same techniques of using images and uv mapping to quickly create buildings.
I'm quite new to using the uv editor and I'm wondering if the following is possible inside C4D's uv editor.

for context, I've got a basic building with a texture imported from file>open texture. I've cube projected the building and am working in the uv edit mode in r23.

1. In the first video at about 0:10, he shows an option to "correct uvs".
what I've got is this:
image.png.7da9d4a462eee9732301cf4d7309913d.png

and then I slide the edge and the texture warps. Is there a way to do this in Cinema?
image.png.ec9f4395ca61590e4c8b0d0f4e3538f1.png

2. Blender's uv editor has a way of only showing the selected face in the uv editor, such as in the second video at 0:19. In Cinema all the faces seem to be visible at all times. Is there an option to "only view selected polys" in C4D's uv editor? the image attached shows no difference when I only select one poly, the rest are still visible

image.png.6385530d4b2d13e99aac193438b038a4.png

in addition,

3. At 0:22 of the second video Ian's able to view the texture on his model whilst making knife cuts and extrusions, when I try edit the model in any way cinema automatically hides the texture and I have to make my changes based on guesses, and then reload the texture from the uv editor. Am I able to keep the image on the model whilst making mesh changes?
image.png.41e458ab92f6ca9cb2a87b3be0240736.png

and then when I switch to the knife tool to edit the mesh, the texture disappears from the model in the viewport, making it impossible to extrude windows and such.
image.png.fc1b40a9c93446f217d45f95bb865a59.png

4. Can you adjust the individual points of a uv polygon?

Thanks guys!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community